Chapter 1

Hiccup's POV

I woke up early. Today is the day on which I test his limits! I know Toothless and what he is capable of but I wanted to go further. Further away from the cliff, behind all clouds and the ocean! I jumped out of bed and nearly stumbled over my own feet, well 'feet'. I was so excited. It's not that I haven't seen Toothless in a while or something, it's just, that I wasn't sure about this. But today is the day! Definitely! I can feel it! I got ready to get Toothless and ran eagerly out of the house until... "Hiccup!" a familiar voice called out to me. I turned around to see Astrid waving at me. "Where are you going. It so early in the morning." she asked curiously. "Oh, well.. I'm going to fly with Toothless.", I replied to her as I tried to play cool and lean back against something. Well, this "something" where I wanted to lean to, was "air" as I then noticed at the moment when my face greeted the ground. I heard her giggle and she gave me her hand. "Need a hand down there?" I snickered quietly as i reached for her hand and with a firm tug and "woah" on my part, she pulled me to my feet. "Well then, have fun and see you later!", she said, half giggling, as she went away. Astrid was fun. I mean, the time with her is fun. Where was I? Oh right! Toothless! I went to Toothless and brought him to one of the highest cliffs at Berk. I bet he was just so excited as I've been. I took a deep breath Before i turned to him: "Alright Buddy. Today, we will fly far. And if I say far, I mean far far! Get it?" He smiled his toothless smile, which made me laugh a little. I petted his head. "Let's do this!",I called like a kind of battle cry as I hopped on his back and as Toothless' speed increased and he spread his wings to fly. We jumped of off the cliff and the warm breeze rushed past my cheek. I commanded him to fly higher, to pass the clouds and he did. It was amazing but this wasn't far. We needed to go further. "C'mon Toothless! I know you can--wooah!", i snickered as he cut me of and went faster. Yeah! Past the ocean! Through the clouds. I think we were so far away like never before. We could hardly see Berk behind us. He suddenly raced up to the sky at a speed that I almost fell out of the saddle. Good thing I have my equipment. We smashed through the clouds until Toothless made it through the last layer and we were higher than any cloud underneath us. I let out a little "Wow" as I enjoyed the view. I've never seen something so beautiful and peaceful. "Do you like the view, Toothless?", I asked calm and petted his head with one hand. He shook himself joyfully as I petted him and made a noise that sounded like a purr. I looked at my surroundings as i saw a point where the clouds splitted and frowned at it. "What's this.", I whispered as I command my dragon to fly closer. I had a bad feeling in my stomach as we approached and an even worse as Toothless flew into the cloudburst. "Woah! Toothless! Not so fast," I cried but it was too late, we where already in the suspicious fissure in the clouds. It got darker, the deeper we came. I was worried what was going to happen if we are ever coming out here alive. "Toothless! Try to--", I yelled over the sound of sharp wind and thunder I heard but I got cut of as I turned around to see the clouds closing. "No way!" I yell-whispered to myself. "We're trapped! Toothless, calm down, please!" I cried as I tried to soothe him. Thunder and growling around us. I didn't know if it was Toothless who growled, or something else. I only knew we need to get out of here. But how? I almost swallowed my own tongue as Toothless stopped abruptly and rushed no longer into the depths. I felt his fear, and he felt mine. Surrounded by Thunder and dark clouds. "Are we even supposed to get out of here?", I asked slowly. Even if I heard thunder, i never saw a lightning. Was this a good or a bad thing? Toothless snatched me out of my thoughts as he pointed his ears, and made a noise. It sounded like a gulp and then I heard a whistle. Who the hell would probably whistle up here? The wind, maybe? A shrug by me and a growl by Toothless. Suddenly we crashed straight through some clouds. Fast. Pretty Fast! I held on tight to him because he was really fast and the wind was so sharp you could cut a fish. I shivered at the fish part, because I don't like fish. I regulated my breath and nearly choked on a cloud Toothless flew by. I heard the thunder growl in my ears and a heavy rain fell. "Great...", I mumbled under my breath as I closed my eyes and hold my grip on Toothless tighter. Then, suddenly it was gone. Everything. I looked behind me and saw a 'Tornado-like' spire out of clouds. That must have been, what we popped out... or in. I petted Toothless to calm him as he didn't lowered his speed. But we was as fast as before. "Hey, hey calm down Buddy." My eyes glanced underneath us. Ocean everywhere. No land. My first thought was about how long Toothless is able to keep us in the air. "Don't panic.", I said to myself, holding onto Toothless. I took a deep breath and looked behind me but the clouds were already gone. I raised an eyebrow and that was the part I realized how fast Toothless really was. He was exhausted but continued to fly. He panicked and he could barely breath. "Bloody hell...", I mumbled. I had no idea where I was, neither where we were flying to. Toothless slowed down. But not because he wanted but because he had to. He had no power after this-- this Storm. We lost altitude and fell through a few clouds. I was afraid we would smash into the water and drown, but as the clouds passed I saw an island. Well, more than one, but at least land. "C'mon Toothless! We are going to land.. somehow. Try not to go down too fast.", I whispered with confidence. He made a noise, which sounded like a whimper and a happy squeal at once. I snickered with confidence and led him towards a glade I saw between a few trees. "We can do this, Toothless!" I knew he misunderstood me with this as he flew faster. "Nonono no!", I cried as Toothless crashed towards the first trees. Luckily, he pulled in his wings, so they wouldn't hit the trees. I tried to slow him down somehow as something pointy hit my arm and I released a scream of pain while I closed my eyes. The last thing I saw, after I opened my Eyes, was a tree. I remembered to fall down from Toothless and landed in mud. Then I passed out.