Chapter 9

Hiccup's POV

I need to find Toothless. I tried to remember the way but just ran astray. Branches breaking behind me. The guards are coming for me. I have to run! Wait, but don't the guards wear metal? Why is there no rattling from their armor? I hid behind a tree and waited until someone came closer The heavy breathing got louder and I pressed my back to the tree and my jaw dropped as I saw Merida in a light-white knit dress or cloth dress running by. A guard yelled her name and she turned around, looking shocked as she saw me. She stopped. We stared at each other and I think I saw a smile on her face, but before she could say something, I ran away because I heard the guards armor echoing trough the forest. I heard her scream for me as the guards got to her but I couldn't make it back. Only a thud and some armor crashing together were heard from her direction. A shiver rushed up my spine and my speed lowered until I stopped walking. Heavy breathing filled my ears. I leaned against something. 'Air', again. I slipped and fell on the ground. My eyes saw a house, a very rotten house. The door opened easily as I touched it with my fingertips. Curiosity boiled inside of me and I crawled into the house, raising myself slowly on my legs. Maybe someone could tell me how to get to the clearing and to find Toothless. I hit my head on a board above but the house was empty. Well, not really. It was filled with wooden statues of bears. “Interesting...”, I whispered but no one could hear me, because no one was there. I heard the door closing and turned around, knocking down a few statues ans sculptures. The light at the door was gone, only a bit light trough a half rotten window lighted the room. “Sh-Show yourself!”, I stuttered. Maybe someone lived here. A slender figure appeared in the light, pressing her hands against her chest, biting her lower lip. “Merida?”, my eyes widened “I... I saw the guards coming for you.” She shook her head. “Ye didn't... ye heard them, but ye saw nothing.” She took a deep breath. “Listen... people are searching for ye. Ye should go hide somewhere.” I nodded slowly. She sounded broken. What was it? She was right, I didn't saw her with the guards. “I'm sorry...”, I mumbled and wasn't aware of what I said. “What? No. I mean... Ye did nothing wrong. I guess.”, she scratched her arm while talking. An awkward silence followed. Can I hide here? So many thoughts appeared in my head, but none of them was about Merida. Merida. I frowned at her and she gave me a scared look. “Why are you here? Shouldn't you sit on your throne or marry someone?”, she gasped because I sounded angry, but it wasn't my intention to be angry. “I... I didn't want to. I never wanted.”, she replied hastily. She looked around and frowned. “Fine, but I won't leave this place. It looks like it is abandoned.” “No!”, she nearly yelled taking a step towards me. “I mean.. no.. uhm. It's not good to stay here. Let's get Toothless.” Within the sentence, raindrops fell like a rhythmic pattern on the roof and the window. It's getting cold and I can see her getting cold while she slung her arms around her. I reminded me that she was just wearing a light dress. “That doesn't look like the dress for a princess.”, I chuckled. She blushed, hugging herself tighter, and turned her head away. “Yeah, I know... but I lost my favorite dress on the way here. I think the guards are now seeking after me too.” I couldn't bring it over me to see her like this. I turned around, opening some cabinets and drawers, followed by Merida who was trying to stop me. “W-Wait, what are ye doing?” I glanced at her and smiled. I moved to another cabinet and found a cloak in it. It looked OK and wasn't ripped or torn anywhere. It was black and soft. She complained about taking other peoples clothes but I pulled it out and lay the cloak around her shoulders.

Merida's POV

I need to find Hiccup. But I have to escape the guards at first. Branches breaking underneath me. A sharp bush ripped the dress over my arm away but I couldn't turn back to get it. I kept running. The guards are coming for me for sure. My heavy breathing got louder and louder and I turned around after hearing a Guard calling for me, but seeing Hiccup gave me a shock. I didn't think it was this easy to find him. I stopped, happy to see him and we smiled at each other. I was about to call his name, but he ran away of the sound of rattling armor. “Hiccup!”, I cried. Come back. The guards were about to get close but I shoot them with an arrow, hitting one of then in the knee. He yelped and the other guard caught him, giving me time to run away. A thud and some armor crashing together were heard behind me. I tried to hide in the woods and tried to think of a place to hide. I pressed my body against a tree. Heavy breathing filled my ears and my lungs burned. I remembered the house of the witch. The one giving me the 'Bear-Cake'. I tried to analyze my current position to know how to get to the house. I've been here a lot. In the forest of course. I made my way to the house. An unease feeling came up in me as I saw the open door. I sneaked into the house but the door shut behind me and some things fell down to the ground. The light at the door was gone, only a bit light trough a half rotten window lighted the room. “Sh-Show yourself!”, said someone stuttering. Maybe someone lived here, besides the witch. I moved towards into the light and saw Hiccup. I pressed my hands on my bumping chest and bit my lower lip. “Merida?”, his eyes widened “I... I saw the guards coming for you.” I shook my head. “Ye didn't... ye heard them, but ye saw nothing.” I took a deep breath and continued. “Listen... people are searching for ye. Ye should go hide somewhere.” He nodded slowly. It hurts to tell him to stay away. “I'm sorry...”, he mumbled and I was confused. “What? No. I mean... Ye did nothing wrong. I guess.”, I scratched my arm while talking. An awkward silence followed. Will she come back? Could he stay here? So many thoughts appeared in my head. He frowned at me and I looked scared. “Why are you here? Shouldn't you sit on your throne or marry someone?”, his words were filled with anger and I gasped. Was he angry with me? Why? “I... I didn't want to. I never wanted.”, I replied hastily, trying to explain myself. He sighed and said he won't leave this place. “No!”, I yelled shocked, taking a step towards him. “I mean.. no.. uhm. It's not good to stay here. Let's get Toothless.” Within the sentence, raindrops fell like a rhythmic pattern on the roof and the window. It gave me goosebumps. This feelings are too much. The hurt, the guilt. It's getting cold and I slung my arms around myself because I felt like I was going to freeze. I only wear a light dress. “That doesn't look like the dress for a princess.”, Hiccup chuckled. He isn't mad at me, is he? The sound of his voice made me blush, hugging herself tighter, and turning to him. “Yeah, I know... but I lost my favorite dress on the way here. I think the guards are now seeking after me too.” I was in my own world but snapped out as I heard doors open. What was he doing? Hiccup opened all cabinets and drawers. “W-Wait, what are ye doing?” He just smiled at me but moved to another cabinet after all. He opened it and it has a beautiful black coat in it. It looked OK. “Ye can't just take other peoples clothes!”, I yell-whispered with a scared voice. But that didn't stop him from pulling it out and lay the cloak around my shoulders. It was so warm. What will be next?

(A/N: SORRY! I uploaded it too late Q_Q! I hope you all forgive me! Anyways: THANKS for over 100 reads <3 ^^ I never thought about getting 100 reads so fast ^^ Leave a comment or a vote if you like :) Thanks for everything!)