Part 3

I woke up with a jolt. It was one way to wake up I guess... Surprisingly, this wasn't the first time it had happened at the skeleton brother's house.

I bounded up the stairway and saw the door to Sans's room open, with blue light slowly beginning to dim inside. Relieved that Papyrus was with him, I turned and walked back downstairs.

At this point I realized I wasn't getting back to sleep, so I changed into my dance clothes and went into their studio to start coreography on our dance.

I tried doing some hip hop to our song, but after a while, I realized it wasn't going to work since I'm not a hip-hopper.

I was grabbing my bag, getting ready to leave the studio, when Sans walked into the studio with his dance clothes on. "Sans, what are you doing here?"

"i can't get back to sleep, so, i thought i'd come dance... but I didn't think you'd be awake kid."

"Sans, how am I supposed to sleep through a scream like that?"

"..."

I set my stuff down and pulled out my music. I pressed the play button. Sans just listened to it for a minute, tapping his toe, as he got into the rhythm. Then, he started dancing.

I wished I had seen him dance sooner.

He was amazing. The way he moved, everything fit together so nicely like a puzzle. He timing was perfect, and some of the moves he did, I couldn't have dreamed of doing. Then, the real magic started.

As in, actual, real, magic. Monsters use dancing as a way of bonding, and they also use it as a way to form their magic attacks. Without a partner or group to dance and bond with, then, well... There's the other option if they want.

It started as bones across the room. His eye lit up, and suddenly, the studio was filled with an iridescent, cascading glow. A waterfall of blue fire had exploded.

I watched as Sans breezed easily through the movements. But all too soon, the song stopped. This time, I hit play on another song called 'Megalovania'.

Once again, his eyes swirled like the depths of a fiery ocean. Blue sparks of magic appeared under his feet.

It was like Sans was making fire. I began dancing with him. The heat of the moment was almost overwhelming. His magic was the fire, and he was the pyromancer. This feeling truly was, the flame of dance.

That's when we set the place on fire. I began dancing with him. Every step, faster than the last. The flame burnt brighter, as everything around us turned into ashes.

The song finally ended.

"were we smokin or what?"

"We were on fire!"

"well I think you burnt the house down... literally."

"Did I just get burned by the pyromancer himself?"

"sure did."

"Then am I allowed to call you hot..... Dog?"

"pffffft."

I hadn't noticed that I had been walking towards Sans as we were talking. We laughed our heads off. We decided it was finally time to start coreographing our dance.

This dance would be perfect. Hip hop and ballet don't always go together, but when it happens, it's beautiful.

*A few weeks later...*

Out of breath, I flopped down on the floor, gasping for breath. Everyone else stared at us, mouths gaping. Sans just looked at me and helped me up once I was ready.

"That... Was... AWESOME!"

We were so happy that everything was finally getting better. I just couldn't stop smiling. Chara was still there, sure, but now that 'the comedian' knew about them, they weren't taking any chances, especially now that I had made it so much more harder for them to go back to the underground by destroying that stupid button.

Sans had had less nightmares recently, and he was better physically, mentally, and emotionally since he had started dancing again.

As for me, I had a new dance partner, my first crush, and nothing but regular, old, kid problems to worry about.

Everything was good. The reset button was gone, so there was no going back.

I didn't want to anyways.