Chapter 3: The Convicted Dog

Metropolis, the next day after the JL meeting, Daily Planet
It was a regular day for the workers of he Daily Planet, everyone was already leaving for lunch and to go on with their usual work routine.

Everything seemed fine until Clark and Lois went to the closest coffee shop to talk a little bit about the up coming papers, or rather that's what it was supposed to be until Lois asked Clark if he was able to ask Bruce out.

"And he just stormed out, all of a sudden! Can you believe it?!" exclaimed Clark in frustration

"Yeah..." said Lois thoughtfully, as she ate her lunch "reacting like this to be honest is strange, even for Bruce."

"I know right." sighed Clark as he ate his sandwich "By the way, did you have any success in finding out who that Harry is?"

Lois shook her head glumly "No, it's as if he doesn't exist. I went through everything: data bases, news papers, old files...hell I even checked the information in FBI, but nothing! All I was able to find was an almost inhabited village in U.K."

"I see..." Clark sighed one more time "You know, yesterday when we all saw the photo of that strange man I couldn't help but wonder if I've seen him somewhere before..."

"Really?" asked Lois instantly, her journalist curiosity picking out

"Yes...and it's wired because I can't recall reading any article on him, and you?"

"Me neither" said Lois realizing that there might be a link between that Harry and the escapee, Sirius Black. With those thoughts swirling inside her head she said "I'll go to the office , I think I might get something now" and without waiting for a response from Clark, she rushed out of the coffee shop in hopes of finding some more information.

Gotham city, 10.00 pm
(Sorry, forgot that the dog came the day Bruce found out, just think that the dog came the next day)

A huge black dog ran through the empty streets of Gotham. He ran so fast that people who saw him through the windows had to check him twice before realizing what just passed. The dog didn't know where he was running he just followed the sent, the only thing he knew was  that the sent he was following will lead him to someone very important who will help him. The dog ran down the street until he ended up near a huge mansion.

He sniffed around trying to find a particular smell, when he literary hit the sent (glass in his case) he looked through the window to see a tall man sitting, with his back to the window, in front of the desk and studying some papers.

If dogs could smile then that would've been exactly what the dog was doing as he saw the man. Suddenly he saw that the door to the study was moving, the dog quickly hid in the bushes near the window, making the sticks snap in the process.

From the noise the man's head snapped up to the window's direction, but he saw nothing "Weird..." he mumbled, then he turned back to the open door from where a black haired teen  just stepped in.

"Hey Dick" said the man forcing a weak smile "what is it?"

"Umm..well" the boy started hesitantly, not knowing what to do, but then he took a deep breath and continued "You know since it's summer and I don't have to go to school right now... I thought we could... go out patrolling tonight..." he said the last as quiet as he could, almost mumbling, but it haven't escaped Bruce's sensible ears

"Hmmm..." Bruce grabbed his chin thoughtfully as he looked down at the piles of paper in front of him, I can't leave all the work knowing that Sirius had escaped, on the other hand I can't allow Dick to go patrolling on his own...

"Alright Dick, just give me a minute or two and we'll go out"

This made the twelve-year-old gasp "Really?!"

"Yup," said Bruce giving the boy the sweetest smile possible "now go and get changed, I'll be there shortly"

"Ok!" exclaimed the twelve-year-old enthusiastically as he ran out of the study, not even a second later Alfred came in with a soft smile on his face

"You are getting softer for him" he said

"What can I say, a mother can be understood" replied Bruce as he hid the papers from his desk, and then without any other word he left the study.
Meanwhile the dog made his way to the streets hopping to catch up with the man there.

Two hours later

The dynamic duo swung around the city of Gotham, and to say that they were nervous was an understatement, they were in complete alert. You see, for a city that constantly faces robberies and murders it was too peaceful and deathly quiet.

"Maybe all the villains got a vacation, or something?" asked Robin, trying to joke the situation

And when the words just escaped his mouth they  heard a high pitched scream "I don't think so" replied Batman as they swung into the direction of the scream, but when they were just about to reach the spot they heard gun shots coming from the completely other direction.

Batman looked at Robin and said "You stay and take care of this,   I'll go see what's going on"

"Got it" the boy replied as he swung to his original direction, while his mentor headed to the other side of Gotham

When he reached the spot Batman saw that it was nothing more than a fight between two bands Just great, he thought must be the Potter luck

The Gotham's dark knight jumped off the building and swung his bataranges  (spelling?) at the two gangs earning some bullets in his way. He berated the two gangs in just a matter of seconds,  by hiding in the shadows, having the element of surprise on his side.

After the fight Batman tided the man together so they wouldn't escape, and took out his bat-communicator and said through it "I need commissioner Gordon to come to the Quentin Avenue, there's a gun fight between the bands" and without giving a chance to reply to the cop on the other side he hung up.

Batman was about to leave the crime scene when suddenly he heard a bark behind him, slowly but surely he turned around only to see a large black dog standing right behind him. Batman had his hand on one of the bataranges, ready to use it at any moment. He knew who that dog was all too well, due to the fact that he had passed more than a half of his teenage years with him.

"Reveal yourself,"Batman said to the dog, but when he got no reaction he gave him the famous bat-glare "you should know by now that I am short tempered"

Suddenly the dog made a step closer to him and as he did so the black fur started to shrink back, the paws slowly enlarged themselves and the snout started to looked like a human face until it revealed the convicted murderer and traitor, Sirius Black.

"Long time no see, eh? Night Wing ?"

Meanwhile, Metropolis, Clark's apartment

Clark just came back from work he was sooooooooooooooo tiered, he was about to make his way to the bed when suddenly the doorbell rang. Clark whined miserably, didn't people noticed what time is it right now?

The alien went to the door nonetheless to reveal Lois tapping her shoes on the floor impatiently. "Great, you are up," she said quickly as she made her way passed Clark and into his apartment without asking permission "we need to talk"

"Lois..." said Clark tiredly as he rubbed his eyes from the up coming slumber "do you know what time is it?"

She turned to Clark with crossed arms her expression saying that it something serious.
Then she opened her bag and took out a large file "I think I found something on that 'Harry' " she said