Chapter 11: Gringotts

There was nothing but darkness surrounding Harry. It was dark and for some reason it felt spaceless, as if he was locket in a very small place, suddenly a voice appeared and it didn't sound friendly...

"There you are little freak!" Harry knew that voice too well, each time he heard it sadness and pain were brought down at him- Uncle Vernon. "You are in for it now!" The a light had appeared, meaning that uncle Vernon had opened the door to the cupboard "No escape for you now, isn't it?" and then he pulled Harry out by his hair and started to hit him violently.

Harry screamed in pain until he woke up in cold sweat yelling "NO!"

This woke everybody in the room.

"Harry?" asked Sirius who turned back into a man to communicate with his godson, concern very clear in his voice "Harry what's wrong?"

Harry was breathing heavily and so couldn't give a coherent answer, then a strong arm hugged him from over his shoulders, it was Bruce "Breath" he said calmly, Harry did as it was told "That's it, in and out"

After a couple of more deep breaths Harry finally calmed down "What happened?" asked Sirius as he sat near his godson

Harry shook his head "Nothing, just a nightmare" then he looked at Bruce "Thank you"

"Any time" answered Bruce with a soft smile

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Sirius

"No, thank you. You wouldn't understand" answered Harry as yet another arm hugged him

"Try us" said Sirius with a warm smile

Harry sighed and proceeded to explain the content of his dream

The two adults were ghostly pale and their looks were either murderous or shock. Bruce and Sirius enveloped Harry into a tight bear hug "Oh you poor thing" whispered Bruce into the boy's shoulder

"What was Dumbledore even thinking while putting you with them?" asked Sirius in strange mixture of guilt, sadness and anger

"As I said before, the worst thing ever imaginable" said Bruce as he cuddled Harry's cheek.
The said teen leaned into the touch desperate for love and warmth, but that moment was short lived when an old and quiet miserable looking owl flew into the room, caring a broom, along with a letter attached to it.

"It's Ron's owl" said Harry in realization

"Who?" Asked Sirius

"My friend, I left my broom in his house so the Dursleys wouldn't touch it, he is currently in Egypt now so I am kind of surprised that his owl came to me now" said Harry taking the letter.

Sirius and Bruce stood on either side of him reading it with him.

It said:

Harry,

Sorry mate, it turned out that my family and I are going to stay here in Egypt until the end of the summer
I guess you and Hermoine will have to go for school supplies without me this year. We will see each other at the train station and since me and my family will go straight their I wouldn't have time to go to the Borrow and take your broom, so I thought I will send it to you.
Hope you had a splendid summer.

Ron
P.S.
Please give Errol an hour or two before you send her back

"Well, I guess, now you don't have to worry about your broom anymore" said Bruce, taking the wrapped artifact "should we open it?"