Playfulness's funs and cons

A holiday seemed fun. But Hinata being zesty as he is, couldn't stay cooped up at home all day. He thought of going to train with the old coach ukai, deciding to also call Kageyama along with him. They met up at the riverside bridge, before taking the bus to coach ukai's home. "Hinata...Kageyama. What a surprise!" They both found the retired Coach Ukai coaching the neighbourhood children again. "Coach! Can we also join the training?" Hinata enthusiastically chirped. "Hahhahah...You young uns sure are energetic! That's the spirit. So why not?" "Thank you very much!" Both Hinata and Kageyama bowed deeply before placing their things down and joining the jumpy little kids. The kids were happy to play volleyball with the two very cool players again, although Kageyama still looked scary to them.

They played from morning till late afternoon. It was really really fun, but Coach Ukai decided to put some punishment and physical training in, so at the same time, practice was very tiring for the two of them, even though they had great stamina. Kageyama and Hinata waved goodbye as they headed towards the bus stop, exhausted. They alighted near the river. Hinata stood at the bridge with Kageyama, then climbed onto the ledge and jumped in. It was a common game between kids to test one's courage. And somehow, Kageyama found himself being pulled into the water by the obnoxious Hinata.

"Pfffft!" Hinata burst out of the water's surface, spitting out water. Kageyama followed soon after. "What did you do that for idiot!" "For fun! Of course! It's cooling!" Kageyama dragged himself on the river bank. "How am I supposed to go home then?" "Walk!" Hinata flashed him a cheeky smile. "Yeah, in dripping wet hair and clothes." Kageyama rolled his eyes, seriously annoyed.

Hinata shrugged. He picked up some pebbles and threw them, watching in awe as the pebbles formed ripples on the water's surface, now dyed orange by the setting Sun. Meanwhile, Kageyama was trying his best not to look at Hinata. He had no idea why a dripping wet Hinata would look endearing to him. He vigorously shook his head and attempted to shift his focus to squeezing the water out of his shirt.

Then he remembered. Hinata lived further than he did. And would probably have to take a bus as his house wasn't in walking distances from the riverbank. That hit him hard. Why was he even complaining about walking home when Hinata, the one who suggested it, couldn't even get home. "Oh right. Hinata didn't think about consequences." Kageyama snickered. As dusk turned into night, the temperature dropped. Kageyama felt himself start to shiver. And he knew that, Hinata, being thinner, would most likely feel worse than he did. He couldn't let Hinata walk home like that. His conscience wouldn't allow it, his...heart wouldn't allow it either.

"Hinata, dumbass. Wanna stay over? I mean, it's late...and you probably can't go home like that. Serves you right for jumping in the water though." Kageyama turned around, shyly asking. "Are you pitying me?" Hinata too, turned around to face Kageyama, hazel eyes boring into Kageyama's blue ones. "Yeah. Kinda. But you can't go home like that can you? You'll catch a cold and I'll feel responsible. I'm...I'm only this because I'm nice ok? Nothing else. Dumbass."

"Fine! Let's go then! It's really chilly here." Hinata smiled and shivered, the cold finally getting to him. They started to walk towards Kageyama's house which was only a few blocks away. "Drip drip drip." It was so quiet that only the sound of water dripping could be heard, and of course the occasional car that zoomed by. Hinata could feel his heart thumping. Ever since Kageyama had asked him to stay over, Hinata's racing heartbeat would not slow down. He wondered if he caught the flu or something.