"Me neither, Dash. I should go now. I'll see you later." Finally she was leaving. I didn't think I could face Dash right now with my tear-filled eyes and bubbling anger. But if I left the library then Dash would get angry and he would know something was up. I couldn't let him know that I listened to his conversation, which meant I had no choice but to act normal.

"Yeah, you should go. And Lauren, try to avoid popping at random places to meet me because I don't want Bri to know about us," Dash said. Us. He said us. Dash never used the word us when referring to me and him. Now I wanted to kill Lauren, or maybe Dash.

"Right, sorry about that. I just get so nervous that I need to talk to you immediately." Why wasn't Lauren acting like a jealous girlfriend? Was she alright with Dash cheating on her? Perhaps she told Dash to date me so they could find out what Tracey and I knew about Janice and her killer. Could it he possible that Dash was using me?

He is with Lauren, what do you think?

The proof was right there. Dash was using me. His stories about hanging on to a person because he had been lonely all his life were nothing but lies. But I would not let myself be used like this. I would not allow Dash to break me.

"It's just that, I don't want Bri to get suspicious. I have something good with her and I don't want to jeapordize that with secrets. She is innocent, therefore, she doesn't know much and I want it to stay that way. If she finds out my secrets then my relationship will get ruined and I don't want that to happen," he stated.

So he thought I was stupid. Dash believed I was innocent and gullible. But he was wrong. I was a straight A student. I was smart and it was me who came up with the idea of investigating Janice's murder. I wasn't as stupid as Dash thought, and I would make him see that. I would make him eat his words.

Taking a deep breath, I wiped the tears with the back of my hand. I would show him. I would show both of them. Dash was underestimating my potential. I would make him regret it.

"Of course, I'll be careful next time. Well bye. I'll see you later." I heard Lauren padding across the carpeted floor out of the library. A minute later, Dash returned, a small smile on his face.

"Chocolate chip, did you miss me?" He asked, pulling me in his arms and planting a kiss on my lips.

"What did Lauren want to talk about?" I asked him, keeping my voice even. I hope my face did not betray my inner emotions.

"Nothing important. Anyways, forget her. So you agree to go to the movie premiere with me, right?" He was trying to distract me. I knew this because I was smart; if I were a dumb girl then I wouldn't have noticed it.

I nodded. "Yes, but you have to read this book first. I won't go with you if you haven't read the book."

"You, my sweet girlfriend, have got yourself a deal." He kissed my cheek. I had to give it to him, he was a fantastic actor. Instead of becoming a dentist, Dash should focus more on becoming an actor; he would be more successful. And why was he being so sweet?

"I'm glad. Just fulfill your end of the bargain and everything will be all right." I paused, gazing at him. He was so hot. "Now, I have to go. I'll see you later."

"You know you can't go anywhere without me. Tell me where you're going, I'll take you there," Dash said.

I mentally rolled my eyes. "I have to go to the bathroom. So, you can't come."

Dash groaned, releasing me from his embrace. "I hate that place. That's the one place that keeps me away from you and I don't like it." Did he feel guilty about using me? Did he enjoy lying to me and thinking I was too dumb to understand his games? If he could play games with me then I could do the same.