6.

Tré's POV

Tré's POV

The painkillers seemed really strong. It was good, cause Billie could move easier but on the other hand he was drugged all the time. The physical pain got better but he looked dead inside. The pain in his heart was destroying him. Most of the time he was sitting on some spot or slowly rambling across the house. I tried to cheer him up many times but I knew that he needed time. And even though he was quiet I was sure he needed me. He had not to be alone.

On the forth day since he came I decided to visit Adrienne. Of course alone without Billie. I wanted to pick some of his stuff. Besides she was still his wife and I thought that she deserved to know how he was doing.

„Billie, I need to leave for a while. Will you manage this?" I asked grabbing my jacket. He nodded looking nowhere.

„There's some food in the kitchen," I said like a total dork. Of course there was food in the kitchen, or should it be in the bathroom?

„Rest well man." I hugged him. He hugged me back. After a while he was still holding me.

„Awe, you're a cuddle." I laughed. He smiled a little.

„I'll be back as soon as possible. Take care."

I shut the door. It was quite a relief. I liked him and I always enjoyed his company. But it was exhausting. It was like I had to take care of a child.. and hell.. I'm too old for this.

I sat in to my car and went to Adrienne's house. When she opened the door, she looked better than the last time I saw her, but still a little tired.

„Hey Frank! Welcome." She probably wasn't expected me, but she tried to be nice. This had to be hard for her either.

„Hello. I'm sorry that I showed up so unexpectedly, but I need to talk to you. Now." I said firmly.

„Eh, sure. Come in." She stepped back and let me in. „What's wrong? You look concerned."

She invited me to the living room. I sat on a chair.

„So.. how are you?" I asked awkwardly.

„What do you think..." She rolled her eyes, but then she looked at her lap... She knew that Billie told me. She was obviously sad but she tried to play things cool. I understood why she was mad at Billie, but I was mad at her cause she dumped him. After so many years! But the other part of me was ... weirdly happy cause .. nevermind, I was quiet suspiciously long.

„Sorry." The silence was still here.

„So why did you come?" She looked at me again. Firstly I wanted to start with the stuff but it wasn't appropriate right now. It would be so heartless.

„Billie is devastated." I said. Crap, that wasn't less heartless that the stuff packing. She chuckled.

„And you're blaming me. I'm sure you think I'm content now... that I'm the cold bloody bitch who broke Billie's heart..." She said.

„I didn't s-.." I tried to stop her.

„But you don't know, how it was! You don't know, that he broke my heart with his irresponsibility and childishness! I was scared of him – sometimes I didn't recognize my own husband. And all because of alcohol. I went throught the rehab with him. I can't do this again, it would kill me!" She started crying.

„Adie, I..", crap, „I understand. I haven't said anything of that. And I don't think you're a bitch. I just .. thought you should know something. Billie got ...," it was so hard for me to say it outloud, „he got beaten up – the day he left your house. He drank, yeah. And then some guys attacked him."

„Oh God," she frowned, „is he in hospital?"

„No, he's in my place." There was silence again.

„He needs to take very strong painkillers and some other pills witch cause him depression. With all the shit around, I don't know, if he could deal with it. I'm worried about him."

„And you came to me for advice?" She said ironically.

„Of course not. You're his wife. I just thought you should know. And ... I came also for some of his clothes and stuff." I felt a little cheeky.

„I've already packed them. I just didn't know where he was. I'd send it." She stood up and brought few bags.

„May I send the divorce papers to your address?" She asked desperately. I took a look to her eyes. I probably tried to have some telepathic conversation with her, cause my brain was screaming ‚don't do that – change your mind – give him an another chance'. But my heart .. didn't want that. I'm a terrible friend.

„Sure." I clamped my lips.

I took the bags and went to the door. Adrienne followed me. She were wiping her face like she would be fixing her make up but I knew that she was just trying to hide her wet eyes. I patted her shoulder.

„Be strong, Adie. It's gonna be alright." I tried to encourage her.

„Thanks," she answered, „say hello to Billie," she added, „or ... don't say anything to him."

„Goodbye." I waved. Then she shut the door.

I put the bags in to my car and went home.