Chapter 20: Better Left Unsaid

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, okay. . . You're right. . . I'll head home. . ." He mutters sleepily and turns away from me. Most likely in the direction of his home somewhere there.

"Do you want me to walk you there?" I offer as he begins to walk away with me following close after him.

"I can manage. . ." Galvin replies with a long yawn. I don't think he can return home in this state. . .

"Galvin, allow me to escort you home. It's one of the benefits of having a contract with a demon." I attempt for him to accept my offer. Galvin slows down his walk to a halt, almost as though he were thinking it over. I was going to plead him to see reason when someone else cuts in.

"One of them being that we are capable of being in another location miles away from our original position within a blink of an eye." Damian speaks up cheekily with, of course, a smirk.

"Is that true?" Galvin mumbles curiously while he looks over at me. His entire body may look as though he's on the brink of collapse, but his brown eyes show a sense of wonder.

"Erm. . . I suppose it is, but I have never tried to create one. . . I, um. . ." I answer honestly as I contemplate whether or not I should tell him that the hybrid demon he formed a contract with is a novice as Damian said so bluntly.

"Give it a try, Garrick. You'll never know what you can do if you don't try." Damian suggests, shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright. . . Galvin, where do you live?" I ask, turning back to face him. Galvin jolts himself awake before he gives me his address located in the heart of the city in London.

To summon a portal, I need to know where I would like to be. That part isn't difficult. The tricky part is actually harnessing my demonic powers to form the portal. This is crucial for any demon who could possess that skill because it could take us to Hell or even Purgatory if we're not careful. Since this will be the first I attempt to summon a portal, I'm hoping I'll at least get us somewhere close to our destination.

"Focus on the location, Garrick. Have that clearly in your mind and the rest should be easy." Damian instructs as simple as that. If only it was that simple.

Nodding my head, I shut my eyes closed and picture the address Galvin told me. I can practically see Galvin's flat in the city from the times my family and I would travel there when I feel a slight tingle appearing in my right palm along with a cold rush along my arm. Slowly, I lift my right arm in front of me and squeeze my eyes as that tingle spreads all throughout my hand before it explodes out of my palm.

"You did it! Garrick, look! Open your damn eyes, Garrick!" Damian cheers while I hear Galvin whisper a few light curses.

I flutter my eyes open to find a large black and purple circle shape hole floating about a foot in front of me. The portal doesn't look like much, but it's usefulness is something to behold. Now that I'm know I'm capable of harnessing it, I'll be using it as often as I deem fit. Probably when Galvin calls for me.

"Bloody hell. . . I did it. . ." I mumble with a sense of joy quelling up inside my chest. I want to shout for all the world to know that I created a portal, but I held myself from doing so.

"Impressive. Now, let's get the human home, drink a bit of his blood, and head back home before your mother starts to send the evil twins after us." Damian announces and flashes a grin which only made Galvin uncomfortable. Then again, when hasn't he in the entire time he was here?

"Dr-drink my b-b-blood?!" Galvin stutters in fear. I swear, I'm going to get him inside a ring of salt and beat the hell of him!

"Don't pay him any mind. I wouldn't drink your blood under any circumstances. I can find my own meal." I assure him while I shoot a glare in Damian's direction. The nutter shrugs his shoulders before he walks inside the portal.