xvii. FACE YOUR FEAR

Elena walked towards the door as Bill and Richie continued pounding on the door, not noticing her at all

"Come insideee," 

She stepped inside the room and the door immediately slammed shut. The noise knocked Elena out of her daze and she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

She started panicking and banging on the door. "Bill?! Richie!?" She screamed. 

"Elena?!" Bill yelled back. "Why did you g-go in th-there?!".

"Holy shit! Elena are you okay?!" Richie shouted. "I told you not to come! I told you not to come!" He repeated, pounding and banging on the door. She took a step back, breathing heavily.

The blonde girl turned around to see a room covered in blood, just like Beverly's bathroom. Bill and Richie's voices were no longer heard, as if they weren't even at the other side of that door anymore.

She spotted a door at the other end of the room and ran towards it, only to slip and fall on her back from the blood. "Argh.." She groaned and stood up again, her back now shimmering in blood. She prayed it wasn't her own blood.

She speed walked to the door instead and tried pulling it open, put it wouldn't move. She tried pushing it open, but it wouldn't move. 

"Leaving so soon?"

She turned around swiftly and saw that same clown right in front of her, inches apart from her. 

Elena screamed louder than she ever had before. The clown wrapped it's gloved hand around her throat and squeezed. She gagged and retched.

It grinned widely at her. The clown's eyes rolled back into it's head and he opened his mouth just a tiny bit. She watched in shock as blood poured from it's mouth. It was like waterfall from it's mouth, streaming blood down all over it's clothes. 

"Let me go!" She screamed loudly and started to sob. "Let me go! Let me go!" She said over and over again.

It opened it's mouth wider and what happened next would scar Elena for life. The blood stopped pouring but instead, long, thick, bloody strings popped out of it's mouth and wrapped all around Elena. The strings extended longer and threw Elena on the ground. 

She screamed louder as the strings taped her down to the floor. The clown was no longer there, he just vanished.

"HELP!" She hollered as the strings wrapped around her throat, choking her again. The blonde girl started coughing rapidly and blood came out of her own mouth.Tears rolled down her cheeks as she furiously blinked them away.

This is it, she thought to herself. I'm going to die.

Right here, right now.

Then the strings wiggled their way off her body and slithered away and under the crack of the door. Elena was breathing unnaturally heavy. 

She clambered to her feet and ran to the door, trying to pull it open. It opened and she stepped into the hallway it lead to. 

She saw a door at the end of the hallway and ran to it, tears still streaming down her face. She opened it successfully and stomped inside of it. 

There she saw was little Eddie. He was knocked out, laying on the floor. Completely unconscious.

"Eddie!" She gasped and ran to his side. She touched his arm and immediately let go. It was all twisted. Eddie had broken his arm somehow.

He let out a huge breath and opened his eyes. He sat up and looked around. "Lena?" He blinked at her. She smiled.

"Thank God you're not dead!" She let out another breath she didn't know she was holding and hugged him. He groaned and pulled away. "Shit..sorry," She remembered his broken arm.

"Oh my God! What the fuck happened to my arm?!" He panicked. Elena rested her hand on his shoulder and hushed him.

"It's okay, Eddie! You'll be fine! Don't worry.." She soothed him as best she could.

He nodded slowly. But then his eyes widened as he watched the refrigerator. Elena frowned and turned to look at what he saw. A hand was tapping the edge of the fridge.

"Oh my fuck.." Elena muttered as Eddie moved closer to her for comfort. The fridge creaked open and a cackle was heard.

It climbed out, only it's bones were all twisted like Eddie's arm. As it climbed out, it's body cracked. It slowly bent itself out, it's body becoming less broken looking. It stood up and twisted it's torso around and shook wildly.

Eddie gasped and Elena whimpered. The clown leaned forward at the two kids.

"Time to float," It wheezed in a low voice. It took a step forward and Eddie and Elena shuffled backwards, whining. 

The clown flung around it's arm, teasing the boy. Elena gripped Eddie's other arm as more tears came down. Unexpectedly, the clown screamed in Eddie's face and flung itself down at him. Eddie wheezed and whimpered.

Elena watched from the side, completely useless to this situation. She looked around, desperate to help her poor friend. Eddie tried slapping the clown away, but It just grabbed Eddie's wrist and pretended to bite it, teasing him even more.

The clown then took Eddie's face in it's hands and mocked his sobbing. Salvia fell from the clowns mouth as he smiled wickedly.

"Tasty, tasty beautiful fear," It said, spit falling onto Eddie's lap. It smiled, showing it's teeth. Eddie gasped.

Then, just as Pennywise had done to Elena, it rolled it's eyes to the back of his head and opened it's mouth wide, revealing a set of many, many teeth.

"Get off him!" Elena cried out, sobbing. The clown ignored her and continued teasing Eddie. Then a nearby door was heard opening. 

The clown snapped it's head back, growling. "HELP!" Eddie screamed loudly. 

It spread it's fingers over Eddie's face as Eddie whimpered. 

"EDDIE!" Richie gasped as he and Bill burst through the door. The clown looked back at them, grinning.

Elena was on the floor, crying. She felt so helpless and was too afraid to pull the clown off Eddie. 

"Elena.." Richie breathed. The clown stopped smiling.

"This isn't real enough for you, Billy?" It said in a high pitched voice. Bill just stared at It, unable to move. "It was real enough for Georgie!".

Elena's jaw quivered as the clown launched itself right into Richie and Bill's face.