xi. BLOODY BATHROOMS

The next morning, Elena was sat on her porch, biting her lip

The next morning, Elena was sat on her porch, biting her lip. The night before, she had patched up her scar as best she could. It still stung but she tried to ignore it.

Her mother had given out to her for coming home so late, but she didn't acknowledge the 'Miss. Perfect' stitching in her arm, she barely noticed it. It was too dark.

Elena was very tired, she spent half the night cleaning her arm up. But it was fine now, and that's all that matters. 

"You okay, blondie?" Someone spoke. It could only be one person and that's Richie Tozier. She quickly looked up and smiled at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She nodded. "What are you doing here?" She questioned him. He shrugged.

"Having a bike race with Bill, Stan and Eddie. They're all the way down there now," He pointed down the road. "I'm just too fast for them," He said proudly. The blonde rolled her eyes. "I was passing by here and I just saw you sitting there, I guess,".

"Puh-lease," She scoffed, ignoring the last part Richie added. "I could easily beat you in a bike race,".

"Oh, yeah? With what bike?" He smirked. It was then Elena realized that she had left her bike down in the bushes because of Bowers yesterday. 

"How did you know I have no bike right now?" Elena furrowed her eyebrows at him. 

"We saw your bike earlier in some bushes. We thought you were around but we couldn't find you," He replied. Elena stood up. "You can get on the back of mine," Richie winked.

"Err, no thanks," She hesitated. Richie sighed dramatically.

"What happened to your arm?" Richie pointed to the blondes plastered arm. "Are you hurt?".

"Nothing," Elena replied quickly. "Just scraped it,".

"Did you fall off your bike? Is that why it's in the bushes?" Richie snorted. Elena shook her head. "Oh. Then why is your bike in the bushes?".

"I just..can't explain it right now," Elena sighed. Richie chewed the inside of his mouth.

"CHEATER!" Someone roared from down the road. Richie snapped his head back. Elena walked forward and stood beside Richie to see who had yelled, scared it was Bowers. "CHEATER! YOU'RE A FUCKING CHEATER, TOZIER!".

It was only Eddie, racing towards them. "You..cheated.." Eddie spoke between exhales, panting.

"No, you're just really fuckin' slow," Richie mocked, rolling his eyes. There was a pause while Eddie caught his breath.

"Bullshit," Eddie glared once he got himself together. "We agreed that the first person to Elena's house wins. And that we'd all go when Bill said so," He crossed his arms.

"What? Why race to my house? You said you were just passing by.." Elena turned to Richie. Richie suddenly has great interest in his shoes and looked down at them.