xix. STAN BECOMES A MAN

* outfit she wears above *

Elena didn't plan to go to Stanley's bar mitzvah

Elena didn't plan to go to Stanley's bar mitzvah. She didn't want to go. It would be way too awkward. After all, it had been over a month since the losers club had last spoken. 

Elena had stayed in contact with Richie despite her asking calmly for some space from him. He had ignored this and kept following her wherever she went. 

She was being forced to go this service by her mother, of course. Ella was friends with Stan's father and attended every celebration he held. 

Elena finished straightening her long blonde hair and looked at herself in the mirror, unsurely. Her dress was tight at the top, but the bottom was flowy. It was a navy short dress.

Three knocks were heard from her bedroom door. She turned around. "Come in," The girl cleared her throat. The door opened and Ella stepped in.

"Hurry up. The ceremony starts in 30 minutes!" She hissed at her daughter. Ella was wearing a long white dress with a leg slip. Her hair was curled and hung loosely. As much as she despised her mother, Elena admitted to herself that her mother did look quite gorgeous.

"Yes, mother," She mumbled and picked up the small gold box with a black ribbon on it which was sitting on her desk. Inside the box was a star shaped pendant. 'The Star of David' is what the star was called. Elena had picked it out herself in a jewellers store for Stanley. 

"Hurry! Quick, quick," Ella rushed Elena out of the room. 

 ★ ★

Elena and her mother entered the service, hand in hand. The blonde girl didn't expect to see any of the other losers there, but she spotted one. Richie.

The dark haired boy with glasses was wearing a light blue suit. His face lit up when he saw her. She just smiled back at him wearily.

"Glad you could make it, Ella!" Stanley's father walked over to the two girls. Ella grinned at him and they kissed each others cheek.

"Good to you see you again, Donald," She greeted him. "Elena, why don't you go find a seat?".

"Yes, mother," Elena sighed and headed over to Richie. She perched herself down next to him. 

"Hi," He gulped. Elena faced him.

"Hey," She chuckled. "Why are you so red in the face?" The blonde girl smirked.

"I-I'm not.." He grumbled and looked away for a second. Elena rolled her eyes. 

"Yes, you are. You're blushing," She laughed. 

"You just look..pretty," Richie confessed. Now it was Elena's turn to blush rosy red.

"Pretty?".

"Yeah..really pretty," Rich looked her up and down. She smiled at him. "So, I notice you're wearing no sleeves,".

"Oh..yeah," She touched her bandage and sighed. "I told my mother what I originally told you and Eddie. I scraped it. She believed me,".