Chapter 7

People buzz all around Gary and Brooke as they leisurely stroll along the grey cement side walk. "You have been here before, why don't you tell me what your favorite things to do are."

A small giggle bubbles its way out of her lips as a smile widens on her face. "Well, personally, I enjoy food, so the cake contest always interests me. Other than that though I don't really have a favorite thing."

"Well, cake is good." He chuckles and leads the way through the people to the large sign that reads 'Cake for Taste'. "What's your favorite kind of cake?"

She cocks her head to the side and grins. "I don't know. That's pretty hard, but probably pineapple upside down cake. What about you?"

"I have to agree that is a hard decision. I can't get over my mother's pound cake, but other than that I don't really have a favorite because I like them all." He nods for her to go in front of him. A mischief filled grin takes place on his lips when he realizes the blush he has caused to settle on her cheeks. Once they each have a slice of pineapple upside down cake he pays for them and mutters a 'thank you'.

Brooke can't help the curiosity that is bubbling in her any longer. "Do you mind if I ask you something?"

Shaking his head he answers, "Not at all."

"So, what's your favorite part about working at Jae's?" Moves her gaze from her cake to stare up at his sun kissed face topped by his crisp black hat.

He laughs and nudges her with his elbow playfully. "What makes you think I enjoy any of it?"

She rolls her eyes. "Oh, come on. I have seen you out there on more than one occasion and it didn't exactly look like you were in slave labor."

"Okay, you got me there," he confesses holding his unoccupied hand up in surrender. "I don't know about my favorite part. I like being with Little Lynn everyday and working with the kids. They are a lot of fun."

Smiling she nods and takes another bite of cake as they stroll around the side walk together.

With the cake long gone they find themselves amongst all the games. First they try the ring toss and manage to each loop a bottle. Then they move on and watch two teams of mixed matched people play water balloon volley ball.

"I dare you to try that," Gary whispers to Brooke as they stand at the toilet paper toss booth.

She crinkles up her face and shakes her head. "No way that's gross!"

"Oh come on! It is clean toilet paper," he teases throwing his hands in the air.

"I don't care that just sounds gross."

Urging her forward he says, "And lots of fun. You can't shoot it until you try it."

Finally she sighs and rolls her eyes dramatically. "Okay, I will do it, but so are you."

He pumps his fist in the air. "Yes!" Then he says in a low voice so that only she can hear, "See I knew you had an adventurous side."

Rolling her eyes she playfully punches him in the arm. He laughs and she can't help but join in too. If she is being honest with herself she wishes it could last all day. Maybe even forever. Everything is just so right with his deep laugh and voice and the warm air all around them. She could easily get wrapped up in their own little world. 
***

Jaelyn can't help but to grin and nudge Tyson. "Look at them! They are so cute."

Chuckling he shakes his head. "Don't you be getting any wild ideas. Just let the poor couple figure their own love lives out."