Chapter 18 - The Night Out

Isabelle's P.OV.

         Saturday, Amity, and Caroline came to hang out, which is long awaited. Caroline with her hair tied up is sitting in her charcoal sweatpants and looks like some meth addict with the amount of caffeine she's consumed. Whilst Amity smiles at me from the crack of the front door, a small plume of smoke escapes her lips as the cigarette bobs up and down. What a gross habit to take on. 

         A day-in was the objective. So with my brother at his dad's and my mom at work, We plan on relaxing on the piles of blankets and pillows I situated in front of the living room tv. I've tried to hone my baking skills with some chocolate chip cookies and brownies. They sounded delicious right now. 

       Taking the last of them out of the oven, a steam of vanilla makes it way around the bottom floor. I place a broken bit on the tip of my tongue, resting the fresh batch on to the counter. "Yum," Caroline says on her tippy toes, peeking over my shoulder. 

         She drops to her heels and snatches one off the baking sheet from earlier. "Mmm, what's in the oven?" Before I can answer the oven is dropped open and the cookie is shoved into her mouth. 

         "Brownies," she sequels before muffling a scream. 

        "Oh my gosh, yes. Go or they'll be gone before I can start the movie," I push her in the same direction of the entrance of the kitchen. "Go."

        Drooling over my exellent cookies, Caroline is dragged when finally comes to her feet and plops down on my bed made of pure pillows and blankets. I take a cookie, oozing its sweet brown nectar from its golden flower, before following Caroline's lead. 

         "What are we watching?," I pull out 'Guardians of the Galaxy', "Sci-fi," then '10 Things I Hate About You', "a Rom-Com," and last but not least, 'It', "or Scary." 

         "'10 Things I Hate About You' sounds good," Caroline glances at the three disks before turning her attention back to her phone. 

        "Uh, I'm not so happy with boys at the moment," Amity shivers slightly cuddling up to Caroline's side. 

       "Why? Is there something going on with you and Ethan," I ask out of my utmost curiosity. Have I missed much since I've been absent from this friendship?

       "No, just being an asshole. I swear it's that stupid car," she sighs. 

       Amity lays back and stares at the tv waiting for it to start. I join the girls once I get the disk firmly in its tray and close it. We press play after I grab the popcorn and cookies. A romantic comedy it is. 

        Simultaneously, the oven beeps and the doorbell rings. I have no clue who is at the door but I was craving my brownies, "Come in, I'll be there in a minute," I shout over the aggravating beeps coming from the oven. 

       I hear a familiar voice speak,"Hey, babe, I-"

      "Oh, Ryder, I'm in here," I say quieter than as I'm able to finish the brownies. 

       "It smells good in here," he states, having a long look around my messy kitchen. 

        "I know," I say, reciprocating his action. "We just started a movie. Wanna watch?

        "Sure, what is it?"

        "'10 Things I Hate About You'. You might not like it." I shrug. 

         I take the brownies and place them between the plate of dozens of cookies and the huge bowl of popcorn. What can I say? I felt like I was dying of starvation and needed a sugar coma to bring me back to life.