Chapter 6 - The News

Isabelle P.O.V

I received the courage to look. That was after the large panic attack a moment before. One line means a negative. Two lines mean positive. And those two blue lines confirmed my speculation. I am a pregnant.

Panic arose and I disposed of my results in a paper bag outside. Paced back into the house to bump into my mother. "What you up to?" She asks.

"Nothing, Anna," I sarcastically address her by her given name.

"Where's your brother?" she changes the subject.

"I don't know. He wasn't here when I got homeschool."

I smile and go up the stairs skipping every other step. My fake smile disappears. Slowly turns to a frown. Eventually becomes tears. I was a pregnant junior in high school. And I couldn't stop thinking about. I stressed about telling my mom and more tears poured from my eyes. I wrapped my white throw blanket around me. Cuddled up on my bed and cried until my eyes could no longer stay open.

The next day, I was calm, maybe too calm. I kept my composure and went about like I haven't found out that I am going to be a mother. To feel normal I called Amity to take there. When she showed up, I went passed my mom before she could see me. I sat down in the passenger seat. Stared down at my lap, I didn't what her to see the struggle in my eyes. For some odd reason, she still senses my demeanor.

"You okay, Izzy?" she sympathizes.

"Yes, just want to get out of the house," I frown.

It looks as if she were going to ask another question with her tan forehead wrinkled and red lips slightly apart. Understanding she pulls her lips up a little and begins to pull away from the driveway. I rest my head against the window letting my thoughts circulate. Every now and then I kind of feel her eyes driving into me. She knew something was wrong.

We pulled up to her little, one story, beige home with a large yard wrapped around the entire house. Both of us automatically walk in and turn in the hallway headed for her room. I fall back on her bed. "Please, tell me?" she pleads.

I sit and look up at her striped lavender and gray colored walls. "It was Ryder," I cried.

"What do you mean?" she shook her head.

"I had sex with him," I said in between sobs, "But don't tell him, please. If he finds out ..."

"Oh, Belle." she paused, "Oh, Cece."

I nodded and laid my head on her shoulder. My scrunched hair was lying on my face. Amity put her cold hand up to the side of my head and pushed me closer to her. I sniffed, "What do I do when I tell him I'm pregnant?"

She pushed away with wide eyes, "Uh, you're pregnant? Fuck, when did this happen? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yes, I was scared. He has a girlfriend. Did he have a condom? I think."

"Damn, girlie." she shook her head.

Her use of nicknames was becoming irritating. It never did before, but I felt judged. I thought I could confide in her, even if I never meant to tell her this in the first place. I've told her the biggest news of my life and she has the most disappointed look on her face. Can I really judge her though? I was disappointed in myself. I just assumed she would comfort me.

"No condom. Nothing. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of you doing."

"I honestly can't remember. I was plastered. You wanted me to loosen up." I blamed.