Chapter 22

CH 22

Despite Mr Zhen giving Yue Gu Zai the boot, Yue Gu Zai walked to the car in a dignified fashion.

Inside the car, Yue Gu Zai acted his usual calm self except he wore a sour expression and emitted a dissatisfied vibe.

Of course the Bai fox could hear Yue Gu Zai's dismal meeting with Mr and Mrs Zhen, he was eavesdropping at the door. The Bai fox didn't feel an ounce of guilt, it was his duty to understand his boss' moods and know what advice to give when necessary.

'Boss, if you want Mr Zhen to accept you as a son-in-law, you need the support of three people,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'The first person is Miss Zhen Zhen. As long as she supports you, Mr Zhen can't overlook his daughter's happiness and overtime he'll accept you. But Miss Zhen Zhen isn't aware of her own heart so she's not a feasible solution.'

Yue Gu Zai rubbed his eyelids, Bai Yu Tian holding back laughter was detected by his sharp eyes. Even if the heavens and earth were in chaos, Bai Yu Tian wouldn't disappoint his years of training Bai Yu Tian.

'The second person is young master Zhen Wu,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'Mr Zhen definitely loves his grandson. If young master Zhen Wu sulks and put in a good word for boss, there'll be two possible outcomes. One, it'll soften Mr Zhen's heart or two, Mr Zhen will be more guarded toward boss because he'll think you want to take his grandson away from him. Two is the most likely outcome. It's hard for Mr Zhen to understand why an irresponsible man who abandoned his daughter would suddenly have a change of heart and want to get back in his good books. Mr Zhen can only reason boss wants to steal his beloved grandson.'

Yue Gu Zai hated to hear himself being accused as an irresponsible man abandoning a pregnant Zhen Zhen. His eyes darkened while the eavesdropper Bai Yu Tian was caught and knew Bai Yu Tian's next mission would be somewhere remote.

'The third person and the most vital is boss,' Bai Yu Tian said.

Yue Gu Zai creased his eyebrows, he was curious about Bai Yu Tian's reasoning.

'Boss, there's a book called striking the psychological heart,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'And a saying called sincerity can overcome tribulations. Mr Zhen is someone raised from the old school era. If boss makes the effort to show Mr Zhen your sincerity and other good traits then you'll achieve your goal. Overtime, Mr Zhen will naturally accept you.'

'What good traits am I supposed to show?' Yue Gu Zai asked.

'Hmmm... boss is a responsible man...' Bai Yu Tian said.

Bai Yu Tian's eyes gleamed brightly. 'A good man... is someone who'll sacrifice his body for the woman he loves and makes her a ring by hand even if it looks ugly.'

Yue Gu Zai didn't understand the meaning of sacrificing body and making a ring.

'Boss, if you want to be a good man, you need to show sincerity,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'A good man is also a man who would fight with a group of crooks to protect the woman he loves even if he can't defeat the crooks on his own.'

Yue Gu Zai was skeptical about losing a fight. For years, he hadn't lost a fight with another person. Why wouldn't he be able to defeat a group of crooks on his own? It wasn't possible. Was he supposed to pretend to lose to another person? That would be a hard task, his muscles were too trained and would automatically counteract another person's strikes.

'Boss, honestly a good man is just someone who always protects the woman he loves,' Bai Yu Tian said.

Yue Gu Zai looked skeptically at Bai Yu Tian.

'On a rainy night, a good man would stand in the rain below the bedroom window of the woman he loves,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'He'll ring her phone and tell her that he forgot his keys. After she throws the keys out the window, she'll find out he's standing in the rain, holding a bouquet of roses and she'll call out his name.'