Chapter 8 - A party and a disaster (1/2)

After his outburst at Stiles', Scott went straight home. He felt guilty about the whole incident, he had never experienced such a burst of anger before. He had lost his temper, almost harming his best friend in the process. Not wanting to darken his mood with depressing thoughts, Scott started readying himself for his big date with Allison. As he exited his bathroom, a towel around his waist, his Mom came into his view.

"Mom!" the teen exclaimed, "A little privacy please?"

Melissa just grinned, "So, is this a party or a date?"

"Maybe both..." Scott admitted.

"And her name is?"

"Allison," he smiled.

"Allison... Nice," she said softly. She gave her son the car keys, "We don't need to have a talk, do we?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Mom, I'm not having the safe sex talk with you," Scott replied, scoffing. His mother's eyes went wide.

"Oh my God, no, I meant about keeping the tank full!" She cried out, snatching the car keys from her son. "Give me those back!"

"Are you serious?"

"You bet your ass I'm serious! I'm not gonna end up on some reality television show, with a pregnant sixteen year old!"

The two kept bickering for a minute, before Scott managed to get the keys back. "Thank you!" he said with a giddy smile. He kissed his mother's cheek before heading outside, driving to Allison's house to pick her up.

Just like Scott, Stiles was also on his way to the party. He had called Jamie earlier, making sure to tell him about Scott's behavior. His friend had agreed to keep an eye on Scott, or, as he had told Stiles, he would watch over the werewolf "like a hawk". Stiles drove to the Martin residence. The brick house was massive and even had a pool. It was surrounded by trees that isolated it from the neighbors.

When Stiles arrived, the party was already in full swing. Lydia had overdone herself, decorating the house and making sure everyone had a good time. Stiles scanned the crowd, looking for his friends. He bumped into Harley on his way -- she looked overjoyed to see him and also very drunk. Stiles waved an awkward 'hello' at her before resuming his search.

Maneuvering into a crowd of tipsy teenagers was no easy task, as he soon realized. The spastic teen squinted his eyes, seeing a familiar figure standing further away on the dance floor. He approached, recognizing Jamie's signature dark blond, messy hair, but soon stopped in his tracks, blushing. Jamie was with Lydia. The two were shamelessly making out in the middle of the crowd, not paying any mind to their surroundings. Stiles sighed. So much for Jamie watching over Scott, then. Not wanting do disturb the couple, he turned back on his feet.

Finally, he spotted Scott and Allison. Scott was staring into the distance, looking right at the trees. Allison grabbed his hand, making him turn around and smile. As an accidental pang of jealousy hit Stiles, he tried to see what had attracted Scott's attention. A silhouette was hiding behind the trees. He blinked, trying to get a better look, but the figure was already gone.

Scott and Allison were now dancing, getting closer to each other with every song. They were about to kiss -- until Scott started to feel off. His heart was racing, his hands were shaking, his breath was becoming short. Pain and anger were consuming him. Allison soon noticed something was going on with her date. Scott barely registered her words of concern, as fear flooded him. He was terrified of losing control like he had at Stiles' house.

"I'll be right back," he managed to tell Allison between clenched teeth. He took off, his head low and his hands trembling. He passed right in front of Stiles who quickly understood that something was very wrong.

"Scott, are you good?"

Scott didn't seem to hear him. He kept walking in a dazed state, as if he was drunk. The pain was unbearable. He climbed down the stairs, staggering, Allison close behind him. She was worried but before she could catch up with Scott, the teen had already started his car and was driving away.

"Allison," a voice called.

The girl turned around, now face-to-face with a young man she had never seen. He was quite handsome but had a somewhat dark air about him. He was wearing a black leather jacket, but what mainly retained Allison's attention was that he stood out from the crowd of teenagers. She observed him as he resumed speaking.

"I'm a friend of Scott's. My name is Derek."

The man was offering to drive her home. Allison turned around, uneasy, but Scott was already far away. The teenager hated himself for it but as of this moment, Allison was no longer his first priority.

He was driving, desperate to reach home before he completely lost control over his actions. He rushed up the stairs, taking his shirt off and splashing cold water on his face. The water seemed to help so he jumped into his bathtub and let the water run, flowing on his head and bare torso. He was shaking, feeling a piercing sensation a the tip of his fingers. He looked at his hands in horror: claws were slowly replacing his nails. Scott got up as the same piercing sensation appeared in his mouth. He looked at his reflection in the small mirror of his bathroom. He had fangs. His eyes were burning and turned yellow. Scott stumbled back, barely recognizing his own face. 

It was all true, he was a werewolf.

A million thoughts hit Scott, making his head spin. He put his head in his hands, trying to regain some control over the situation. In his foggy mind, he managed to understand one thing: it was all connected to Derek. And if Stiles had been right about lycanthropy, he was also probably right about Derek. The man reappeared and suddenly, Scott's life turned crazy. A knocking sound brought Scott back to reality.

"Scott?"

It was Stiles. Scott threw himself forward, struggling to walk. He rested his head against the door, not wanting to open it. He didn't want Stiles to see him like this.

"Scott open the door! I can help!" Stiles insisted.

"No!" Scott could barely speak, but this was important. "You gotta find Allison."

"Allison?" Stiles repeated, "Allison's fine, someone gave her a ride from the party."

"No, I think I know who it is!" Scott fought to keep his cool, "It's Derek Hale, he's the werewolf, he's the one that killed the girl in the woods, he's the one that bit me!"

Stiles felt his heart sinking in his chest. "Scott, Derek's the one who drove Allison from the party."

Scott banged his fist against the door. Stiles strained his ears but couldn't hear his friend anymore. He called his name -- to no avail. He ran down the stairs, almost falling, and reached the front of the house. Scott was running on all four to the woods. He moved with unnatural speed and let out a roar, a sound that sent chills down Stiles' spine. The buzz-cut boy panicked, reaching for his phone. He needed to rescue Allison and he needed to stop Scott. 

So he called the only person he knew would be willing to help, no questions asked.