3 | recycle, man!

Start from the beginning

Delaney gasped as she jolted up in the backseat. Groaning, she rubbed her forehead once she felt the throbbing pain in it. It felt as if she slammed her head against a giant rock In the seat next to her, Sam rubbed his forehead and Delaney realized why her forehead was pounding. Wasn't because of a giant rock, but her brother's head was close enough to one.

"You have a hard head, you know that?" Sam teased, dropping his hand into his lap.

"Why were you leaning over me?" Delaney asked, scooting over to make more room for Sam in the back seat. 

Dean sat in the front still so someone could keep the car moving, glancing in the rearview mirror every few seconds to look at Delaney. He was giving her the same worried expression the past few days, ever since her nightmares started and Will died. It was a look that Delaney was quickly beginning to hate.

"You were screaming and tossing in your sleep. I climbed back here to try and wake you up, but you kind of did that yourself," Sam responded, gesturing to her forehead that was still slightly red from when it slammed into his.

Delaney looked between her two brothers who were now both wearing the same worried look. Ever since she's learned about the family business and the true story behind her mother's death, everything changed. Dean and Sam became even more protective - more so Dean than Sam - and they even taught her how to fire a gun properly. Delaney never thought she would shoot a gun in her life. Then again, she also never thought demons and such were real. This family really knew how throw a curve ball at her any chance they got.

"Look, I know you guys are worried about me, but I'm fine. Thank you for caring, though," Delaney reassured her brothers, though it sounded more like she was trying to reassure herself more than the two brothers.

Dean hummed, clearly not believing a word that Delaney said.

Delaney leaned forward and looked down at the map that Sam had left on his seat when he climbed into back to wake Delaney up. "So where are we exactly?"

"We are just outside of Grand Juction," Dean replied, glancing down at the map to make sure he was going the right way still.

"I still don't think we should have left Stanford so soon," Delaney said, feeling like there could have been more to do there. It pained her to leave the campus, an empty space in her heart for not only losing all her college friends now, but also Will. 

Dean rolled his eyes, annoyed that Delaney brought this up for the thousandth time since they got in the car and started driving. "Della, we dug around there for an entire week. We came up with nothing. What else would you have liked to do?"

"Yeah and if we want to find the thing that killed Will, we got to find Dad first," Sam added. 

Delaney still didn't know how she felt about seeing her dad. The last time they were together they had a huge blowout about her going away for college. Now they only talked to each other if they desperately needed to. Thankfully, when she would go home for breaks he would be gone the entire time so she didn't have to run into him in the motel room or at their Uncle Bobby's house.