Jealousy Tybalt

Plot: Y/N makes Tybalt jealous by flirting with somebody else.

Tybalt is from the 2013 R&J film. Though description is kept vague.

Requested by: shaunald

A/N: My apologies for making you wait for so long.😅

Word Count: 703

You watched your long-time friend and recent lover as he was surrounded by women.

He didn't seem to mind all the attention he was getting from them.

Even though you were just a couple of metres away from him, chatting with one of your friends.

At first, you paid no mind to all the women attempting desperately to have his attention for more than just mere seconds.

You chuckled to yourself upon one woman's desperation as she was clinging to his strong forearm to steady herself from falling.

You were sure she just faked her tripping, as she kept her hand on Tybalt's arm long after she was steadied.

You hoped that he was just being polite or didn't even notice her hand upon his arm.

Otherwise, it'd make you rethink about his persona and how faithful he was being to you.

As minutes passed you became more and more frustrated with your dark-haired lover.

Why on Earth would he not come to you, instead of listening to the mindless chatter of those women?

Well, if he was allowed to enjoy the company of others so why wouldn't you?

You excused yourself from your friend and walked away.

You had no doubt Tybalt would follow you out of worry or curiosity as you have told him nothing about where you went off to.

You kept walking around Verona in vain of finding any suitable person to 'flirt' with.

You sighed out of annoyance.

If it was that easy for him why can't it be easy for you as well?

"Lady Y/N, what a surprise to see you out here without your watchdog."

You faced the person who was talking, it was no other than Mercutio.

It couldn't have gotten any more perfect than this.

For Tybalt to see you chatting idly with Mercutio, he is most certainly going to be furious.

"I know not of who you are referring to." You told him holding up your chin slightly.

"Hmm... Then I hope he wouldn't mind if I were to ask you to accompany me to a picnic?" He was grinning ear to ear.

"Oh, I am certain it wouldn't be a problem. I'd be delighted to."

"Wonderful! How about tomorrow afternoon? We'll meet here at around 2 o'clock if that works for you."

"That'd be lovely, see you tomorrow then."

With a triumphant grin on your face, you walked back to the Capulet house, unaware of Tybalt seeing the exchange between Mercutio and you.

Even if you've expected him to follow you.

As you entered your room you've noticed Tybalt pacing from one side to the other.

"What are you doing in my room?"

You asked him, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I've got a better question to ask you, which in fact explains why I came here."

"I am all ears."

"You were flirting with Mercutio of all people! Why?" His hands were clenched at his sides.

"Why? Let's see my lover, decided to seek company with others, all the while I was standing in the same bloody room!"

"You were jealous of those women... They have nothing on you I assure you."

"You still prefer their company over mine." You jabbed an accusing finger in front of him.

"Y/N, please. I was just trying to be polite. Let me remind you that you keep telling me that I can be quite blunt."

"Well, that's true. Still, you could have excused yourself and came over to me."

"Next time, I won't leave your side through the whole celebration I swear. Just don't flirt with somebody part of the Montague family ever again."

He stepped closer to you.

"Don't flirt with anybody else besides me, there is no need to make me jealous on purpose."

"The same goes for you, Tybalt."

"Fair enough." His face was adorned with a rare smile.

A/N: What do you think about this one-shot? I hope it was what shaunald wanted or close to it. 😅