• the morning after •

a fictional excerpt

his chest is the first thing i feel my head laying upon as i open my tired eyes to the luminescent white curtains and the morning sun peaking from the window next to our hotel bed. my legs are entangled with his and our bodies are pressed against each other. that's when i realize we're both bare, nothing but the bed sheets separating our warm skin from touching.
that's when i remember what we had done last night.

suddenly my heart begins to race and i can feel my cheeks heating up by the minute.
i remember every bit of it. the rough touch that gripped my thighs, his soft lips pressed against my neck, his tongue in undiscovered places, his hands travelling every inch of my body, his deep moans and heavy pants in my ear.
every bit of it was foreign to me. so new, so exciting.
but i never really stopped to think if my heart was ready to be given away. if i would let him keep it, without any knowledge of what he would later do to it.
it was then that i started to contemplate it, my mind whirling around like an insane carnival ride. i was unsure as ever, but what i was sure of was this moment.
with him.
i looked up at him and his resting body, and for some reason, it felt like home.
i looked at his lips that were pinker than usual and parted slightly. the lips i kissed until mine went numb. i looked at his curly hair that was extra messy this morning but i loved anyway. the hair that i ran my hands through because even when there was no space between us i longed for more and more of him. i looked at the morning stubble across his face that he got often but always seemed to shave even though he said he wouldnt, so i adored it while i could. i looked at the cheek scar on the right side of his face that he got from trying to shave when he was little. the scar that he despises but i love because it's one of the things that reminds me he's only human. a beautiful, beautiful human.
so tell me, how can a beautiful, beautiful human with beautiful, beautiful flaws look upon someone like me, in admiration, with infatuation, with so much desire?
i notice his eyes open slowly, and i close my eyes and pretend i'm still sleeping.
the first thing i feel is his eyes on me. the second thing i feel is his hand softly and lightly grazing my cheek.
the third thing i feel is my heart start to ache.