prologue

you and namjoon go out of the bar to discuss who the murderer was.

you hear a high pitched shriek.

a scream.

the two of you hurry back, to find that everyone was missing from the bar.

you hear namjoon curse under his breath, as he dashed up the stairs to the second level of the bar. you hurry up as well as you try to keep to namjoon's pace.

he calls out for jin, followed by jimin, yoongi, taehyung and jungkook.

no response.

you follow him to the third level of the bar, and there, both of you find a group of people huddled around something.

someone.

namjoon nudges to fit himself into the crowd, and lets out an audible gasp of shock.

"it's jimin.

and he's dead."

you shuffle uncomfortably in where you stood, as overwhelming silence and tension take over. just as you and namjoon solved the first murder case, another awful one has replaced it.

taehyung is the first one to break the dreadful tension hanging in the air, with a question that lingers in the air for a sometime.

"where's jungkook?"

you feel a chill run down your spine. you and namjoon had discussed earlier, where jungkook seemed the most dubious to be at fault for the spiked murder.

and now, he's gone. the biggest suspect on your list was nowhere to be seen. he escaped, it deemed to you. 

suddenly, the two murder cases didn't seem to be that much of importance anymore.

your life did.