two ;; espresso

TAEHYUNG'S POV

when taehyung's shift was over, he changed out of his uniform and back into his white button down and black jeans. he waved his co-worker who's working the next shift goodbye and clocked out.

he walks down the street with earbuds in, drafting a plan in his head on what he should do when he gets home. he had assignments to complete and projects due. being a student working a night-shift job wasn't easy- he was lacking sleep. but he needed the money if he wanted to stay here and complete his study. lucky for him, he lived with jimin. hence, monthly expenses weren't as high as it would be living alone.

"taehyung? is that you?" jimin asked when taehyung opened the front door.

"it's me!" taehyung replied as he takes off his sneakers, placing them neatly in the shoe cabinet.

jimin walked out from his room, "how was work today?"

taehyung shrugs and walks into the kitchen, opening the fridge to get a drink, "as usual. but there was a really good-looking customer today."

jimin chuckles, leaning on the kitchen counter, "really? what's his name?"

"no clue."

jimin rolls his eyes, "you could've asked."

taehyung took a gulp from his drink and placed it back into the fridge, "why? i doubt i'll see him again."

jimin shrugs this time, "this is why you're single."

taehyung looks at him, "what does me being single has anything to do with his name?"

"you need to stop being passive. you could've asked for his name. maybe even his number!"

taehyung shakes his head, "seriously jimin? he might not even be gay."

"what if he is?"

taehyung ignores him and heads for his room. after all, he had things to finish. he sits on his table and started working on his assignments.

:

taehyung was back at the coffee shop, working his shift. time seemed to be going slower than usual. maybe it was due to the lack of customers, or maybe because he was feeling tired. taehyung wasn't sure.

he closed his eyes and thought about the handsome stranger from the previous night, jimin's words ringing in his head.

should i have asked for his number?  taehyung thought. he wasn't sure. he barely knows him. all he could think about was the stranger's handsome features. was he a model?  an actor perhaps? or maybe a singer?

before taehyung could indulge further in his thoughts, the bell rang. taehyung opens his eyes and sees the stranger standing in front of him. shocked, taehyung takes a step back, tripping over his own feet and fell, landing on his butt. the stranger chuckles and taehyung blushes out of embarrassment. he scrambles to stand up, dusting himself off.

"w-what would you like to order?" taehyung stutters, unable to look at the customer in the face after such a feat.

"what do you recommend, taehyung?"

taehyung eyes widen as he looks at the customer, "h-how did you know?"

he chuckles again and points at taehyung's nametag, "it's printed there."

"r-right." taehyung mummers.

"jungkook."

"w-what?"

"my name is jungkook, nice to meet you." he introduced, smiling.

"nice to meet you," taehyung returns the smile, repeating the name in his head.

jungkook. that's a nice name.

"what do you recommend today? the caramel frappe you recommended yesterday was delicious," jungkook commented, hands in his pockets as he looks down, inspecting the menu.

taehyung takes this moment to inspect jungkook. he had brown hair, which looks fluffy. unconsciously, taehyung's reached over the counter and patted jungkook's hair,

"wow. it's soft and fluffy, like a dogs' fur." taehyung mummers.

jungkook looks up and taehyung's eyes widen. he retracts his hand and bowed down, apologising, "i-i'm sorry."

jungkook couldn't help but laugh, "it's ok. that's the first time something like this happened."

taehyung blushed a crimson red, "i-i'm sorry. i just thought your hair looked fluffy."

jungkook smiles at him, "so? what do you recommend?"

"how about an espresso? if you're not planning to sleep anytime soon, that is."

"sure, i'll take one."

"one espresso coming for jungkook."