Chapter 4

Day 1

"This is sooo goood!" Alfred moaned as he stuffed pieces of pancakes in his mouth. Who knew that he has a thing for Pancakes, I thought the only thing he liked are burgers and other American cuisine. I poured the batter on the pan and swirled it around, The sweet aroma spreading across the room as the happy child and bear began eating on their breakfast.

"Can I have some more?!" Alfred tip toes down his chair and ran to me tugging on the hem of my shirt, I chuckled as I carried him with one arm and use the other one to flip the pancakes using my spatula. He looked at it in awe and somehow getting hungry all over again, He had five stacks already and I haven't even started!

Once I finished, I brought over the request of Alfred and Kuma. I began eating my breakfast while Alfred had a hard time squirting some maple syrup onto his pancakes. Who knew kids could be so fun? I chuckled at his pouted expression, squinting harder until he handed me the maple syrup and I poured it for him, His optimistic smile returning.

I have to take care of him until he grows huh?

I sighed thinking it's for the best I just let him be until he can come back to his old self. I see him now as a child at first, not to mention my brother as well, But when he grows up, we'll see ourselves as strangers again.

"Big brother Mattie, aren't you gonna eat your breakfast?" He asked between munching pancakes and slurping on his orange juice "you know it's bad to skip meals!" I chuckled, his words bringing me back to my childhood when I said that to him. He gives me the meals instead cause we were low on rations before, I worry too much about him and all he does is save me like a hero would. I'm still thankful for all the things he did just to sacrifice himself for me, now it's my turn to sacrifice myself for him.

I watch him carry his plate carefully and onto the sink, He ran towards the living room and switched on the Tv as he flopped on the coach—Kuma following behind. Alfred is really fast when he's really young that if he was surrounded by a gang, they'd never realized where he went off to. Now I'm alone on the dining table still with plate full of five stacked pancakes and hearing the murmured voices of the Television, I stare at nothing for a while as I ate my food little by little.

*

"Slow down Alfred!" I shouted with my hand cupped around my mouth. Apparently, we are shopping for new clothes and some toys for Alfred in the department store, Alfred is a bit reckless and energetic at times and is really hard to handle. I managed to buy everything I need and Alfred hasn't break anything, Now were in the toy store and Alfred couldn't handle his excitement.

"Big brother! Big brother! Let's go there! I want guns! And balls!" Alfred tugs on my sleeve while jumping, his toothy grin showing. I chuckled silently, looking at his funny expression as he runs towards the entrance and twirls around. I smiled and nodded telling him that I'll be coming over, I used to be like that when I find something in the meadow while he looks for something useful. It could be either a butterfly or a little flower but I'll eventually let it go..

Back to the present, I roam around the aisles filled with toys and stuffed animals, Alfred seems to be enjoying it and Kuma just follows him behind. He'd be laughing from time to time and he would sometimes let me join to his silly games, I promised him I'd buy something but not when he expects me to buy the whole freakin' store!

"Big brother! I want this one!" He pointed at one of the mobile airplanes hanging on the ceiling, it looked big than I thought but he wanted it. My eyebrows furrowed as I heard the price when I asked the employees..