Chapter 3

We were minding our own business after I moved away and turned the Tv on. None of us were paying attention to the shows projecting on the screen but the reckless sounds in the kitchen.

"Non, non, that not how you mix it!"

"I Now what Im doing papa!"

"Alfred, Listen to your father"

Plates, bowls, and glasses, I could hear them all—breaking. There goes my money. I was about to get up and help but England just pushes me back down and shook his head.

"Just leave them be" he says..

I couldn't just leave them! I mean, I just bought those! I couldn't help myself but feel really uncomfortable as the noise in the kitchen gets louder and louder. I twiddled my thumbs on my lap just thinking of happy thoughts or something, They could be really hurt.

Now Arthur looks at me with a not so intimidating look, something that really eases me. For the first time, He actually had a soft smile on his face and he just somehow kinda eases me.

"Don't worry, We'll pay for the damages.." I sighed in relief as he said that.

Something inside me feels like I've known him better, Like he's part of me or something. I find myself smiling at me and he smiled back too. During the meetings, All I know of him is that he scolds my brother a lot at has a habit of cursing every second, He also likes to cast spells on other nations especially Papa Francis. But somehow, I manage to see him in the inside. Quite the opposite really, He's more gentle and sweet, Something Alfred has always told me.

"..Francis pays most of it.." he continued smirking at himself. Back to his old self I assume.

~

"Dinner is served!" Francis proudly says as he handed down the tray of dishes on the wood oak table in the living room. There laid French cuisine and Canadian touches, I glanced at Alfred who had a hungry expression written all over his face. I chuckled as he runs towards me along with Kuma behind, All eyes were on Alfred as He begins to clear his throat.

"Hurry up! Let's eat!" As Alfred was about to get a piece of the chicken leg, Arthur quickly slapped away his hand and he was received by a shriek after.

"Manners young man, Didn't I teach you that before?!" Arthur scolded and Alfred quickly scurried off behind Francis back, Francis though was giving sympathy to the child.

"Now now Arthur, We shouldn't fight on the table, you might have slipped on the food.." Francis said gently, not hurting Alfred nor Arthur. Arthur fell back on his seat muttering something to himself that I couldn't really recognize.

"Alright! Let's eat!" I say, And that we began to dig in.

~

We've finished our supper and Alfred was already asleep on Francis arms. Kuma was on the kitchen washing dishes while I cleaned the table, Arthur sat down looking really serious when he was spacing out. I only glance at him for a few minutes so he doesn't notice.

"So who's gonna take care of the child?" That question caught me by surprise, Francis stopped rocking Alfred in his arms and Arthur just stares at us blankly.

"I mean, We could have schedules that we could care for Alfred in our specific dates. It's a great idea-" I stuttered but Arthur cut me off "That's not possible, We can't just bail out our citizens' problem.."