Prologue

"Alfred, I don't think this is a good Idea..I just don't want to be alone.."

"Don't worry Mattie, To know that I'm always with you, I'll knock on the wall three times and you must answer me back with the same action okay?"

I nodded uncertain, being in separate rooms with my brother has made me feel really uncomfortable. I don't want to let go of him and nor does he, but it's only for one night right?

"Why can't you just sleep with me instead?"

"Mattie, you know bad and mean those people are! We can't just break the rules!"

Now I'm on the verge of crying, Is he mad at me now? I hugged him tightly as I bury my face to muffle my cries onto his shoulder. "But I wanna stay with you! I love you so much!"

"I love you too Mattie.."

He shifted slowly and I let go of him to gaze at his eyes. He seems to not look straight at me, He looks as if he's trying to hold back something. Alfie is hiding something from me? Was he scared?

"Alfie?"

He doesn't look nor says anything

"Alfie!"

Yet no response..

"Alfred!"

He suddenly breaks down and threw his arms around me. This surprises me and I couldn't help but bring my arms around him, something only me and him share whenever we are needed to be separated. "I don't want to leave you Mattie, Your the only one who could actually understand me!" He sniffles, I hug him tightly "Can we just sleep together? Secretly? I'll promise it will only be one night.."

We let go and we stared at each other for a while, His red face glowing from the light the moon can illuminate through the window. He nods slowly and I gave a small smile..

"Promise?" I say as I held up my fisted hand; the pinky only raised.

"Mhm!" He smiles from ear to ear and entwines his finger with mine..

If only that moment lasted forever..