Queen

I woke up with an ache covering my body. I tried to stretch it out but it remained. I opened my eyes and sat up on the bed "Much more of this and I'll really be in shape" I whined to myself, rubbing my aching sides. I didn't think I took that much of a beating last night but I guess I was wrong.
Finally I realized I wasn't in my own room and I looked over to the other side of the bed. J's broad pale back was turned to me, purple sheets rapped around his legs. Cautiously I crawled up to him and tried to pull the cover higher on him. He stirred.
   As he rolled over I quickly scrambled out of his room. I knew he would not be happy to find me in his bed. Even if he had invited me there. He'd be mad at me for his emotional outburst last night. I decided to pretend it didn't happen. He was drunk and his pride now would never let him live down the sobbing mess he was with me yesterday.
    Some of Joker's men were downstairs trying to scrounge up something for breakfast. I decided to try to get on their good side and make them something. "Hello boys" I said in my charming stripper voice. I was wearing nothing attractive whatsoever. A tshirt and pajama pants. But these men probably hadn't seen a woman in weeks so I got a few "heys" and whistles.
    "How about I make ya some breakfast?" I announced.
    "Why don't ya" and "make it as sweet as you, sugar" were some of the responses I heard. Good. I had them in my hands now.
   I stepped behind the stove and started mixing some pancakes. They were probably tired of them but the Joker never kept the house stocked with food. I cooked and hummed to myself. Some of Joker's goons tried making small talk as I passed plate after plate of pancakes out.
   Suddenly we were interrupted by Frost. When he approached me everyone else went quiet and went about eating. Being the Joker's favorite he must have earned some respect from them.
    "Hey." He began in his rough voice. "Are you doing okay here?"
    I lost my act and answered him honestly. "I don't know."
   He raised an eyebrow at me impatiently.
    "I honestly don't know." I confirmed. "Sometimes it's fun. Nice to be away from the hell hope I worked in. Sometimes it's like last night... And it's scary"
    He nodded. "I knew you were acting calmer than would be expected. I didn't know if he was holding you captive and telling you to keep your mouth shut. The life you led before this must have been some sh*t to like this kind of life."
   I nodded "yea it sure was.... But hey! Here's a pancake" I plopped one onto a plate and handed it to him. He slowly walked over to eat with the other men. I decided to bring a plate up to joker. Maybe it would make his hangover a little more bearable.
   I skipped up the stairs almost excitedly. I wanted him to be happy with what I had done. I crept in but realized he was already awake. He was laying back with his hands behind his head. His bandaging was removed, showing his tattoos, not to mention his rows of pale sexy abs. The way he was laying flexed his arms, showing how large his biceps were. This killer wasn't just talk, I was realizing. He could do anything he said he would do.
    I realized I had been standing and staring at him for who knows how long. I looked up from his abs to see a confused look on his face, which soon spread into a smirk. "I-I um made you some breakfast" I blushed and sat down on the side of his bed.
   He sat up on one arm and smiled at me. "Thank you darling. Is that why you were not here when I woke up?"
   "Yes, I decided it would be nice if I made your men some breakfast."
    His jaw froze in the middle of a bite and something flashed in his eyes. He brought his hand up to my chin and rubbed his thumb across it.
   "Oh you thought that'd be a good idea huh?" He growled.
   "Um y-yea?" I stuttered, Confused by his actions.
   Suddenly the hand on my chin gripped my throat. He pushed my head down on the bed and rose above me.
   "Listen here" he spat through gritted teeth. "You don't serve them. You don't do things for them. You aren't there's. You serve me. You obey me. You are mine."
   Those last nine words sent shivers down my spine. His electric blue eyes awakening every single butterfly in my stomach. I didn't know whether to be afraid or happy about what he told me. But I knew that I should agree to whatever he said, especially with his rough hand holding my neck, able to cut off my oxygen supply with ease.
    "Yes sir" I whispered while trying to still hold my composure. His hand lost its grip on my throat and started to run his fingers along my face. "Good girl, that's what I thought" he smiled evilly and laughed.
    "What are you gonna do with me tho?" I shouted suddenly. The jokers eyebrows shot up, surprised by my outburst. He said nothing so I began again. "You took me away from my old life. You "rescued" me" I said making the quote marks with my fingers. I became more angry and heated as I spoke. Losing all composure from the moment before. "But for what? To rob banks? To be an accomplice? To be your little beat up toy whenever your drunk?! If you just needed another worker then go out and find one!"
   His eyes were on fire. I could see the anger setting in his jaw. I knew what was coming was bad but I didn't care, he couldn't hurt me at this point, I would be too angry to feel pain. I readied myself and became rigid. He sat up off the bed and came towards me. I closed my eyes and suddenly felt soft warm lips enclosing mine.
   I opened my eyes and found his closed, completely absorbed in his movements. My body began to cool from my anger. My muscles relaxed. I found myself kissing him back. I don't know how he tasted so good waking up from a night of drinking... But he did.
   He stopped and pulled away. "Harley... I took you because I saw that you deserved better than what you were getting. I decided I wanted to give you the whole freaking world just because. I want to make you look down on all those who looked down on you. I want to raise you up till you can stomp on them. I saw that dark desire in your eyes, whether you want to admit it or not."  He grabbed my face in his hands. "You'll be a queen if you stick with me baby. I can promise it."