Member of Akatsuki

--Maria's P.O.V--

I woke up in a white room and I had to blink to get used to the brightness. I groaned and sat up. I was in an infirmary.

"I see that you're awake." I turned to see Pein and Konan coming inside. Konan smiles. "Feeling better?" She asked and sat beside me. "Yeah." I replied then I suddenly remembered Itachi's condition. "Where's Itachi?" I asked and the both of them gestured to the bed beside me.

I looked and I saw Itachi there still unconscious. I got out of bed and walked over with Pein and Konan trailing behind me.

I pressed my palms on Itachi's chest and I have to say, he has a well-toned body. I took a deep breath and my palms started glowing with green chakra.

"So you know medical ninjutsu." Pein observed and I nod. "Yes. My clan, the Hatsune Clan, excelled in medical ninjutsu and other healing techniques. But the most powerful of it is in the Royal Family." I explained and finished healing Itachi.

He groaned and opened his eyes. "Where am I?" He asked as he tried to sit up. "You're in the infirmary, Itachi." I answered as I helped him.

"We'll get you some food." Konan said and she and Pein left. I sat beside Itachi. I noticed he was thinking.

"Itachi, I'm sorry about my outburst earlier." I apologized and I felt something soft hold my hand and I saw it was Itachi's hand. "I forgive you. I'm sorry too. For leaving you 8 years ago. I hope you took good care of Sasuke." It was his time to apologize and I smile at him and kissed his cheek. "Apology accepted, Itachi-kun." I said and Itachi smiles at me.

I put my hand on his arm but he flinched away. I suddenly remembered I had wounded Itachi there with my arrow. "Ah! I'm sorry! Here let me see." I said and unwrapped the bandages from his arm and I saw the wound hasn't healed completely yet.

I got up and went to the sink in the room and got a bowl of water. I walked back and I put my hand in it to purify the water.

Once it was purified, I controlled the water with my hand(pretty much like water bending. In this story, Maria will also be controlling other elements.) and put it on the wound on Itachi's arm. I used my other hand to help. "Does it hurt?" I asked him and he shook his head. "No... It actually feels nice." He said.

I smile and finished healing him. The wound was no longer there. "Amazing. I forgot your clan can use medical techniques. Speaking of your clan, how's your mother and father?" He asked and my smile disappeared.

"My clan.... They are all gone.. I'm the only one left. They were killed by Orochimaru shortly after you killed your clan." I said and Itachi gasps. "Why?""He was after me but my clan didn't want to give me up. They hid me while they dealt with Orochimaru but they didn't succeed to get rid of him. But Orochimaru also sustained serious injuries so he left but he said that he will be back to get me." I explained.

"I see.... Well then.." Itachi held my hand and I looked at him. "I won't let him harm you. I promise, I will protect you with my life." He said. "Thank you." I thanked him and he hugged me.

Just then Konan and Pein came back with two trays of food. They saw us hugging and they smirked. "Did we interrupt something?" Konan teased. Me and Itachi blushed and pulled away from each other. "N-No..." We both stuttered and they put the food on the table.

"Hey! Itachi! Your arm! It's healed completely!" Konan said as she examined his arm. He smiles. "Maria healed it." He answered and Pein pats me on the head. "Well done. Now that you both are completely healed and up and about, Maria, time for you to meet the other members and for you to choose your team members." He said and I nod.

They both left and me and Itachi got ready. We got out of the infirmary and Itachi grabbed my hand and starts leading the way. I blush at this.

We walked for about three different hallways before we arrived at what seemed to be a living room. It was big.

'Of course it's big. They're ten in the Akatsuki but now eleven if I'm now a member.' I mentally face palmed.

"If you are wondering, I already know Kisame, Hidan, Kakuzu, Itachi, Konan, Pein, and Deidara." I reminded them and pointed at the red head.

"Sasori." he said and I snap my fingers. "You're Sasori of the Red Sand." I said and he smirked a bit and nods.

I look at the one wearing an orange mask. "Tobi's name is Tobi! Tobi is a good boy! Nice to meet you, Maria-chan!" Tobi said and hugged me. "T-Tobi.... I... can't... b-breathe..!!!" I gasped out and starts to take deep breaths as soon as he let go.

"Our name is Zetsu." the one with a venus flytrap around his head and he had two personalities.

I smile. "Nice to meet you all! I'm Maria. Maria Hatsune." I introduced and Deidara, Sasori, and Kisame gasped. "Maria... Hatsune?" Sasori asked in disbelief. "A Hatsune..." Deidara mumbled. Kisame looked surprised. "I've heard of the Hatsune Clan. They were known to possess the ability to master any healing techniques. They can even make their own healing technique!" he said and I smile at them. "Yes. Apparently, I used my own technique to heal Itachi. That's why he's awake sooner than you expected." I explained.

Itachi showed his arm to them and they looked at it. "It's all healed!" Kakuzu pointed out. "Not even a scratch left!" Hidan poked Itachi's arm. "Do you feel any pain?" he asked Itachi. "No. Doesn't hurt at all." Itachi answered and Hidan's jaw drops.

"I've read in a scroll, that during the Third Great Ninja War, the Five Great Nations battled for the Hatsune Clan. I was always interested in how they make poisons and antidotes. I never thought I'd meet one in person." Sasori smirked. Deidara grinned. "I also heard that female Hatsunes are hot. I didn't believe it at first, but now I do. You are quite a catch, yeah. A perfect piece of art, right? Sasori-danna?" He said and Sasori nodded. "Very beautiful." he complimented and I blush.

"Thanks." I said shyly and hid behind Konan. She grins. "Let's celebrate for the new member!" she said and the Akatsuki cheered.