Ordinary Morning

-Maria's P.O.V-

Beep... Beep.. Beep.... Beep......CRASH!

I groggily sat up and rubbed my eyes while yawning. I looked at my bedside table and realized I broke my alarm clock... Again..

"Argh.... I should really stop doing that." I muttered to myself and got out of bed.

I went over to my window and opened the curtains. The sun was just starting to rise. Sighing, I went to the bathroom and had a shower. After that, I got dressed. Since it was a weekend, I didn't have to go to work.

'After all, I promised Sasuke I'd spend the weekend with him.' I thought to myself and went out of my room.

I walked down the hallway and stopped in front of Sasuke's room. I opened the door gently and silently and peeked in.

Sasuke was still sleeping. Smiling, I closed the door and continued my way downstairs and into the kitchen. Since Sasuke asked me to spend the weekend with him, I decided to make his favorite.

While cooking, my mind kept drifting off to the memory of... That day...

The day Sasuke's older brother, Itachi, killed the entire Uchiha clan.

I kept on wondering why Itachi did it though... Did he really do it just to test his limits? Or was he forced to do it?

I've known Itachi since we were little and I am sure as hell that he won't do such a thing out of his own free will.

My thoughts were interrupted by a pair of arms hugging me from behind.

"Good Morning, Maria-nee." I turned around. "I see that you're awake, Sasuke." I said.

Sasuke was leaning over my shoulder,trying to see what I was cooking. He grins, "My favorite?""Yup!"

He chuckles and goes to the table to wait for his food. I finished cooking and put the food on two plates.

I went over to the table and gave Sasuke his food. He smiles.

"Itadakimasu!(thanks for the food!)" we both said and began eating and of course, Sasuke ate rather happily.

He's like a little brother to me.

I chuckled at his happiness and continued eating.

This morning sure is normal and ordinary. And I hope the rest of the day will be...