The Tomb Pt. 1

-Itachi's P.O.V-

I walked silently beside my partner after we finished the mission. Right now, we were heading back to the hideout. For some reason, which none of us know about, Leader-sama wanted us to get a VERY OLD book from an ancient library. To be honest, we BARELY made it back out alive.

"Ne, Itachi-san.. Why do you think Leader wants this book? It's very old judging by the looks of it." Kisame, my partner said, "I don't think it is not an ordinary book. I mean, come on! We barely got back out of that library alive. Monsters were everywhere. But it must be worth it because this book has some type of lock or something." He continued to say.

I sighed as we continued to walk back to the hideout.

Kisame and I were covered in cuts and bruises. Our cloaks were torn. Kakuzu's not going to happy about this.

"Finally!" I said as the hideout came into sight. I tried running back but my body was in too much pain. "Ow.." I muttered and Kisame chuckled.

"Excited much, Itachi?" He teased and I glared at him.

In the end, I had no choice but to walk. I just wanted to go to my room and onto my bed.

-Pein's P.O.V-

"Pein.. Are sure it was right to send Itachi? You do know that you could of sent someone else like Deidara or Sasori with Kisame to that library." Konan said as she stood beside me in my office.

"Konan, don't worry. Itachi won't know yet. That book, according to the information I got, has a special lock. It will open if we put a crystal on the center of the lock. But the crystal is rare. Said to have been formed from the scale of the Dragon Demon, Celestia." I explained.

"But where are you going to get that crystal?" Konan asked and I smirked.

"Zetsu and Kakuzu will take care of that." I simply said.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I called.

Kisame and Itachi came in. Konan looked at me worriedly.

The both of them bow and Itachi takes the book out of his cloak, which was torn to shreds. Something tells me they ran into a lot of trouble getting that book. Kisame was in the same situation.

Kakuzu's not going to be a happy bunny today.

"Here's the book you need, Leader." Itachi said and handed the book to me. "Leader. Not to be rude or anything, but can you tell us what's going on with that book?" Kisame asked curiously.

"You'll see soon enough. Thank you. You both can now rest up. Dismissed!" I commanded and they both left, with confused looks on their faces.

After they left, Zetsu and Kakuzu entered. "Leader-sama." They both said and bowed. "We both searched for information on that crystal and apparently it is called the Dragon Star Crystal. Most of the information we had said the crystal was lost for centuries and no one knows where it is." Kakuzu explained. I narrowed my eyes when he said the part that the crystal was lost for centuries and no one knows where to find it.

"We thought of places where the crystal could be. And one could be a possibility." Zetsu said and I perked up as well as Konan.

Kakuzu and Zetsu looked at each other.

"And that place is?" I asked.

"The tomb of the first person who carried the Dragon inside here. A queen apparently." Zetsu said.

"The tomb of Queen Kikyo Hatsune." Kakuzu finished.

"Now all we need is to find that tomb." Konan says and got out a map. She laid it out on my desk and Kakuzu stepped forward.

"According to what we got about the tomb. It is located here." He tapped the map on where the tomb is.

"Just a few miles north away from here." He said and marked it with a marker.

"Pein?"

"Tell the other members to get ready for tomorrow. We're going to the tomb." I order and the two bowed again and left my office immediately

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it is a short chapter but it was late at night and my dad is bugging me to go to bed already. Sorry!
I'll make it up to you guys by making the other chapters long! >.<