Chapter Forty || New Balance Too

___________________________________________
It hit me like a tidal wave
Knew that I was in love with you right away, yeah
Turned all my days into brighter days
Even when people say what we do is not okay
According to what the people say, yeah
Who cares what other people say?
Man fuck what other people say
I'ma ride for you
Baby, if you gon' ride for me
And oh I feel so confident in
All you say .. When you say
You'll never leave .. You'll never leave
Please never leave - Jhene Aiko
_______________________________________________
Gionni Amir Montana

 You'll never leavePlease never leave - Jhene Aiko _______________________________________________Gionni Amir Montana

I groaned loudly within the hospital room as I tried my best to sit up in the bed. As soon as that sound left my mouth, Kamille was up on her feet and headed over to the bed to help me sit up right. I swear, she'd been on go at my side since the day I got shot and it had been a couple days since then. Ion know if it was because she felt guilty for me taking the bullet for her, trying to keep herself up to not think about the whole situation or what, but she was going the extra mile to make sure I was straight and I loved her for it.

"Baby, I'm good. Only way I'm gone get better is if I try this shit on my own. I preciate you, but baby relax." I told her and tried it on my own with her standing right at my side watching. Yeah, this shit hurt like a bitch but it wasn't gone kill me doing it. Once I was in a comfortable position, I looked over at her as she stared at me. It was one of those stares where you could just tell she was in deep thought behind it. It had happened a lot lately and I couldn't say I blamed her because what she did was life changing, but it's done.

"I love you Gionni," she whispered after she'd eventually snapped out of her slight trance. I reached for her hand and brought it up to my lips, kissing the back of it then caressing her skin softly with my eyes locked on her. I swear she got more beautiful everyday. I knew I sounded like a corny ass nigga, but I ain't even care.

"I know," I said briefly.

After the shit that had gone down, I had no reason to question her loyalty and she didn't even have to tell me she loved me because it was clear to me. Actions damn sure spoke louder than words and I was outdone and still in disbelief by what had happened the other day, but it was reality. Even though Kamille and I have never even brought up the situation since that day, we both knew exactly what had gone down and I'm sure we'd never forget. Kamille had killed with a single bullet and that had me loving her ten times harder. It was just the fact of her choosing me, not that I thought she would go against me, but like I said to actions spoke volumes and to see it was the icing on the cake for me. I was about ready to wife her.

Of course she wasn't a killer and she didn't intentionally kill him, but she had and the police wouldn't take lightly to that. When the boys in blue came snooping around, I'd had Kamille leave before they even arrived so she wasn't involved at all. They had no ideas of her even being there and I planned to keep it that way. I wasn't gone allow her to even be involved, so I took the fall and the police believed me too. It was viewed as self defense, which I was grateful for because I didn't need shit trying to put me in the pin. I already had situations on my hands about the trap business, so now that it was both L and I crippled as fuck that was put on pause for now.