Chapter Fifteen || The Truth

_________________________
Baby you the truth
All I really need now
I don't want nobody but you
Baby you're something else
And you know it's true
And don't try to hide it
You hold it down - Mya
_________________________
Kamille Riley Paige

Chapter Fifteen ||  The Truth_________________________Baby you the truthAll I really need now I don't want nobody but you Baby you're something else And you know it's true And don't try to hide it You hold it down - Mya_________________________Kam...

A whole week had passed and here I found myself in the midst of the month November, only weeks away from my very favorite holiday other than my birthday, Thanksgiving. Today was Friday and here I was in my brand new home that was just given to me as a gift by a special someone in my life, my special someone, Gionni Amir Montana. It almost felt unreal to be given a house days after my own was burned to the ground and all of my hope had vanished, but I took it as my blessing and thanked both him and the good Lord for it all. I was facing a tough uphill battle just a week ago, but now I feel rejuvenated, like I'm gaining some of my peace and prosperity back, slowly but surely.

"Damn, its getting hot in here. I need me a frozen margarita right now for all of my troubles in this house already," Lala complained out loud as she lifted the bottom of her t-shirt to catch some of the breeze that was flowing in from the window. I only chuckled and shook my head as I continued to paint one of the four walls in one of the two guest rooms that were inside of the house. Lala had come over early this morning with me and we'd hopped on the project. So far, we were still on the same room as we were when we first got here. It was eight in the morning then, right now the clock had just struck a quarter after one in the afternoon on this wonderful day. We weren't experts at this, so of course it was taking way more time than needed, or wanted for the matter at hand. I needed a break.

"I gotcha babe, drinks are on me later. Right now we just need to get at least this one room done before Raegan gets out of school at three." I told her as she got back to work on her own side of the room. Not too much long after, the doorbell began to ring and it peaked my interest. Lauren and I both shared a look over our shoulder and she shrugged before nodding to her purse that hung on the door handle. I placed my paint brush down in the pan and went for her gun out of her Coach purse. I didn't know who it could be. G would've called me first before coming over and no one else knew that I lived here, so I was puzzled as to who was at the door.

"I'll be right back," I mumbled to Lauren as I gripped the gun in my hands and headed out of the room and for the long staircase. I wasn't a gun expertise, but my father had shown me all of the ropes and I'd definitely be able to do some damage if harm was brought upon me. I'd been dumb enough to not use my gun in the past with things, but not anymore. Anybody could get it, baby daddy included.

I wasted little to no time heading to the front door and peeping out of the glass door, just as it rang again. I looked a mess right now as I stood covered in paint on my tip toes to see, but a smile spread across my face once the person behind the door was revealed to me. I guess I was wrong, he wouldn't always call first. I loosened my grip on the gun and opened the door to find Gionni Montana standing there looking as good as he always did. I couldn't help but to bite down on my bottom lip at the sight of him. This man was just so fine, my man was just so damn fine. Yeah, that one had a nice ring to it. I could definitely get used to saying that.