The Bodyguard (Chapter 3)

Start from the beginning

The man just glared at me with his blue eyes and then tried to get out of my hold. It must have looked like I couldn't hold him because I heard walking in my direction, probably with the intention to help but I was in control of the situation. To prove it and make the guy stop struggling I squeezed his shoulder hitting a specific pressure point making the man fall to his knees. I noticed as this happened that the person stopped their approach. "I asked you a question." I said in a threatening voice looking the man right in the eyes, while maintaining my hold on his shoulder but not applying any pressure for the moment.

The man decided to answer my question by head butting me in the stomach. It winded me but I didn't let it show, I just gripped the man's shoulder, making him give a little cry of pain. The person, who had been coming over before, reached my side and I saw it was Mr. Jones. No wonder the man was fighting me so much. "Let me help you, seeing as you’re having problems." Mr. Jones said scathingly.

I had recovered from my winding, enough to be able to speak properly. "I'm fine. The only reason he's fighting me in the first place is because you're so close to him. He came here with the intent to do something to you and now that you're within his range so he’s struggling. It would be better Mr. Jones, if you were to go and get ready for your gig." The man I was holding seemed slightly shocked by my outburst but still continued to struggle so I squeezed the man’s shoulder while twisting him back to face the wall and pushing him against it, hoping that in taking his target from his line of sight, he would struggle less. It seemed to be working.

Mr. Jones gave me a look as if to say 'yeah, right' before walking off in a huff down the corridor towards his dressing room. At least that put him out of the way, I’d deal with him later once this man was taken away. Two police officers turned up five minutes later and I explained what had happened. They changed the handcuffs on the man and handed me mine back, before leaving with the man. I told them to send a report to Mark who could then give it to me when I next checked in because I didn’t know where I was going to be by the time they finished questioning the man which could be at any time of day.

I looked at the crowd and the people backstage, scanning for any signs of trouble and when I was satisfied that everything seemed normal enough, I went and to Mr. Jones's dressing room.

I could hear them talking about me, well more like Mr. Jones shouting as Mr. Shaw was talking too quietly for me to hear, as I arrived outside the door and decided to knock, knowing I was better off not hearing what Mr. Jones had to say about me after his last comment.

Mr. Shaw opened the door and without looking and snapped “What?” while still not turning to see who it was until I spoke. "Just thought you should know the man's been taken to the police station and everything appears to be safe and secure now."

Mr. Shaw was going to reply when I heard Mr. Jones snort and say "Really? Like before, I suppose, when that man tried to attack me." He didn't bother looking at me just sat at a mirror watching the woman's ass, who was standing beside him, sorting out his hair. Great, it looked like I was stuck with a womanizer, who hadn't learnt his lesson even after being in ambushed and threatened about it.

I could tell we were going to get on as well as a cat and a dog, not at all in other words. "I saw him in the crowd, but neither his picture nor his description were included in the file of people that need to be kept away from you. Also I managed to spot the man, stop his attack, and restrain him before anyone else noticed but then you were stupid enough to come near the man who clearly intended to harm you." Normally I keep things polite with clients, but this man was starting to get on my nerves, so my calling him stupid, was the equivalent of someone else shouting in anger.

Mr. Jones stood up and walked over to me, stopping a few feet from me and asked in a menacing voice "What did you call me?" I'm guessing calling him stupid wasn't a good idea, even though it was a minor insult by anyone’s standards.