Chapter 5

What arose from the misty blaze was a foe that I have fort before, just like the Spider Queen. He was bigger than the Spider Queen, I think. (Everything that's bigger than me looks the same size, when your four-legged.) Its body was enclosed in a thick amour and engulfed in a scorching blaze. He was on four legs, but the also held two giant longsword in his arms.

This is the Crimson Helm, the Spider Queen's 'polar opposite' and he meant business.

I know that the Spider Queen didn't touch me, but I was exhausted from using Vine without a break in between each stroke. The Crimson Helm knew that I was tired and weakened. He tried to spit a blazing fire at me, but I did a small ink loop and summoned a Galestorm to counter act his fire.

Suddenly, all of my powers disappeared. I had strained my abilities and now I just looked like a normal white wolf. It wouldn't take too long from my powers to return, but it's the delay that of a few minuets might get me killed. I'm in trouble. I'm fatigued and I have no powers. I will have to dodge every attack that he's going to throw at me.

He started the attempts to kill me, with slash from his fiery sword. I tried to attack his armour, but it was hot and it singed my fur. I still continued to hit this steel covered monster.

After about sixty hits the armour fell from the monster, revealing a blazing skeleton. There was no way that I was going to get rid of the fire surrounding the beast. I think that I'm doomed.

Out from the darkest pits of the cave, I heard a faint howl and then lots of ice shards hit the Crimson Helm and the freezing ice melted into water. The boiling fire was put out and a black shadow attacked. It hit the skeleton at a tremendous speed and it did a lot damage to the Crimson Helm. When I saw the black figure I was shocked. It was Oki. I could not believe what I was seeing.

The armour returned back to the Crimson Helm's body and hit lit ablaze once again.

In quick light that was the same colour as fire, my power returned to me. I whipped the giant beast and Oki hit the monster at full pelt. The amour fell to the ground with a clanging sound, revealing the skeleton for the last time. I summoned a Galestorm to blow away his fire and then I slashed him with Power Slash, also with whips in between. The beast fell to the floor, with its skeleton slowly burning away to itself. But what Oki had on him back alarmed me the most, not the monster the little white and red patterned puppy.

'Chibiterasu!'

'Mum.'

"Hey ya Chibi, how 'ave ya bin?"

'Great! And it's awesome to see you and mum in action.'

Oki transformed back into his human form and stroked me and Chibiterasu.

"I thought this little puppy was yours, Amaterasu." said Oki

"Hang on! But who did you ... ?" said Issun.

'None of your business.' I barked viciously.

"Ok Ammy no need to get upset. I was only wonderin'"

Suddenly, the reunion was cut short because the cave was beginning to shake. I grabbed Chibiterasu round the scruff of his neck and ran. With Issun on my head and Oki by my side. We made it out of the ruins, but when I turned around there was a giant eight-headed shadow arose from the battlefield. I hid Chibiterasu in a bush, so he wouldn't be seen. One of the heads roared into the sky and the clouds began to darken.

'Thunderstorm .' I thought.

I crept back into the bush where Chibiterasu hid. He was so cute and asleep. Softly shaking him with my paw he awoke.

'What?'

'Come out here and use Thunderstorm, please.'

'Can't you do it?'

'When I came back onto this plain I lost some of my brush strokes.'

'Ok.'

Chibiterasu same and walked along the side of me, so the shadow couldn't see him. There was a flash of lightning and Chibiterasu drew a line from the lightning to the blackened shadow. It got electrocuted and disappeared, like a misty fog. The clouds went from the sky and the forest's beauty was returned.

"Nice one, Chibi. But what was that?"

'Looks like evil will never rest, until we're all dead.'

'What? I can not believe I am hearing this from a puppy.'

"But he my be right Amaterasu." said Oki looking up to the once darker sky.

"I will say again, what was that?" said Issun bouncing on my head.

"The dreaded serpent." said a voice.

Waka flew down on his hair and gracefully hit the ground without a sound.

'The dreaded serpent?'

"Orochi has returned my little friend."

Waka gazed off into the forest breeze, as if the wind was telling him something.

"I think I will shed a light on this whole father problem." he said mysteriously.

"The father is Oki."