Something rare (Lucio x reader)

Please, remind me why did I agree to come to this stupid ball?

Oh yes, because Nadia invited me. She told me, that she'll introduce me to Count Lucio.

At first I was like "Yeah, let's do it!" but later I changed my mind. Then Nadia said that she'll get me some rare herbs which I really needed to stock on.

So now I'm sitting on a sofa, listening to The Court members talking to her. I was bored. I wanted to meet Lucio. The Count that managed to live through the Red Plague and run away.

I heard a lot of him. That he's tall, he loves all of his animals (but mostly the dogs of course), he's kind and loving. But at the same time that he's extremely narcissistic and his ego takes up all the room. I remembered Valerius once say "You notice the man when he's in the room".

But now, the palace was almost silent, ignoring the classy music cominfromthe lower floors.  I sighed and closed my eyes imagining him. At first on my eyes fell a handsome man with perfectly combed hair, hazel eyes and leather shoes alongside with pants. Then, a little different: a darker skin guy, with darker hair but the same hazel eyes.

Nadia noticed my behavior, and got up, leaving The Court members behind. I stood up along with her. She took my hand and led me to the stairs, which led to the lower floors.

-I do believe that you want to meet my husband?-she started

-Yes, milady. I've heard a lot of that man, now I'm interested to see him with my own eyes.

-So be it. You see the crowd, over there? He must be there. He loves attention. You can go meet him, he will definetly notice you. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go back to the discussion with the Court members.

I nodded, and she left. I stood there, watching the crowd for some time and the started climbing down. I wanted to see him. Finally. Not create him in my mind, I was tired of that. Asra told me, that he was definetly a blonde with white skin. And that he loves pomegranates as much as his dogs do.

When I approached to the crowd, I heard only "I'm exquisite" and "Everyone's attracted to me at least a quarter", and I wanted to get out. But I didn't, I squeezed in and finally saw him.

He was laying on the sofa, in the middle of the crowd. His hair was blonde, combed back but some hair strands were still sticking out. His eyes were red with white iris's. His skin was pale, but not too much. One of his arms was golden, as I have heard, he lost it during a war. The shirt he was wearing was full of multiple achievements and ribbons. His face was confident and had perfect skin, and on his cheeks played colors of light combined with a rosy red.

I ducked to the front and listened to his talks. He didn't notice me, because he kept his eyes shut for now, was in a fire of speaking about himself, how he saved a friend but lost his arm.. Yes, truly a hero.

When he finally opened his eyes, he noticed me. I stared at him, ears perked. His eyes widened when he saw me, but quickly turned to a smirking type. He definetly was smirking. His teeth were showing-perfect, white and slight fangs were seen.

-Ah, I see my stories have attracted even an oracle?-he said

-It sure did, Count Lucio.

-Well, good to know that even your kind is interested in such exquisite and rare people like me-he laughed out-how about you read my fortune?

-Why not-I slid my hand into my bag and grabbed the arcana cards. I pulled a chair from the side and someone pushed a table in front of me. Lucio sat, and stared at me. He was examining me. I did the usual ritual, and when I pulled the card..

-The Chariot. It symbolizes victory, conquest, self-confidence, control, war and command. In the future luck will approach to you, but sadly I can't quite tell from where.

-Well, it is indeed true. Thank you, witch. You are quite a rare sight to dare to tell my fortune-he left with all the crowd, leaving me alone.Istood up and went for the table. I took an apple and bit it. The sweet taste of it washed in my mouth. When I finished it, I threw it in the bin. It fell perfectly in. Bingo.

-I do hope you didn't use magic to do that?-a now familiar voice reached my ears

-No, my Count. It was a perfect shot.

-Ah, I've seen you're close with my dear Nadia, so you can just call me Lucio-he walked next to me and rested with his elbows on the table-say, why haven't I seen you before?

-I have come here not so long ago, maybe that's why. But I've heard a lot of you, that's why I'm here now, otherwise I would be at home, probably reading a book.

-Ah, I see. Say, how far does the word spread about me?

-I can't say much, dear Lucio. I barely leave town, because I usually have everything I need in the shop.

-Hm-he hummed. I looked at him, and blenched slightly. He was looking at me. His curious eyes were piercing my soul-say, care for a drink? From the royal winery-he winked. I blenched, but nodded. He took my hand and left. I felt a wave of warmth flush through my face.

Soon, we were at a basement, alone. The basement was huge, full of barrels, and those barrels were full of different tastes of wine. He took two glasses and gave one to me.

-I sure hope you like red wine. It's one of the best here-he said filling his glass almost to the top and gulping it down-this one's my favourite. It has that sparking pomegranate flavor. Would you like to try it?

I nodded, and when he took my glass I watched him fill it up. He stopped at half-way and gave the glass to  me. I drank it all and felt the soft but slightly rough flavor slide down my throat, leaving a tingling sensation.

-It's good, I like it-I said. Lucio seemed satisfied. We filled our glasses a couple more times before me asking what time is it

-Hmpf, it's around 11pm-he said throwing a look on the old wall clock. I blenched.

-O, I should get going then. Thanks for the wine, Count Lucio.

-No, thank you for you spending time here with me-he smirked-I liked it. A true rarity I'd say, because I more enjoy bigger people companies. Thank you-he said once more, taking my hand and gently kissing it. I slightly blushed, but he remained calm-I'll lead you to the door.

I nodded. We left the basement, and when Lucio locked it, he occupied me with a conversation until the doors. When we reached them, he looked sad.

-Are you sure you can't stay any longer?-he asked

-I'm sorry, I have to get back home. My master is probably worrying about me.

-Ah, I understand. Good luck then. May forces entangle us again sometime-he said and smirked.

We said our goodbyes and I left. That pomegranate taste was still in my mouth, remind me of Lucio, and those thoughts made me feel dizzy, but in a good way.

He was a nice man.