Step 9

"I don't need your help..." I said.

But regardless I did as he said. My locker finally opened, he thinks he's so smart. Freakin idiot.

"I'm glad you're back." He said.

I scoffed. "Oh please. If anything you should be the one who's loathing my presence at school."

"That's not true. I've been-"

"I don't care. I don't want to hear your voice nor do I want anything to do with you." I closed my locker and began walking to class.

"Wait...Marie, I need to tell you something." He grabbed my wrist.

I pulled away. "Don't touch me!"

His eyes widened.

"Listen, you made it perfectly clear that you hate me. You despise me. I get it okay? So just leave me alone, I'm being nice about this Suga. Just leave me alone. You said what you had to so that's that. If it's about your money don't worry bout it, I'll give it to you afterschool" I said.

"No. I don't want it." He looked at me.

"Oh right. You're too good for my money, you've 'slain the dragon' now so my money is nothing now. Regardless, a deal is a deal. If not I'll just have to mail it to you." I kept walking.

"Marie, I....I....I love you!"

My eyes widened and I stopped walking. What?

"Marie, I'm sorry I hurt you but I was just afraid okay? I was afraid that if I told you I liked you you'd reject me cuz I'm second class but when I read your letter-"

"Shut up...just shut up! That letter was a mistake! I don't like you much less love you! If anything....I hate you. I hate you Suga! Do you hear me?!" I yelled.

He stayed quiet.

I felt like I was going to cry so I paced myself and went to class.

Teacher: Oh Ms. Tipton it's great to have you back. Please take your seat.

Everyone was staring at me as I walked to my seat and sat down. Classes went by really slow but once it was lunch it seemed to be going faster.

V: Hey the guys and I were wondering if you wanted to hang out for a while after schools out.

"What're we going to do?" I asked.

Jungkook: Play soccer.

"I don't do sports..." I said.

Jimin: But you played when Suga....

RM: Jimin.

He shook his head.

"It's okay. I'm sorry. I just-"

Jimin: No. I'm sorry, I shouldn't had mentioned anything.

"It's alright. Honest. I'll play with you guys, some exercise will do me good." I smiled.

Jin: How was class?

"Boring as hell. I don't wanna go to school anymore but I at least have to graduate high school to get inheritance." I said.

Jhope: You mean after you get out of high school you're set?

"Yeah. Pretty much. But I mean sometimes I think about how I'll be wasting my life doing nothing. I've seen and visited the countries I've wanted too so I mean school would be my only pass time you know? Unless I get married and have kids but I've decided not to do any of that until I hit 30 or 35. Plus knowing my step mom she'll play match maker or my mother will play a part in that. Who knows." I shrugged.