Chapter 11: Sunsets

Your POV

"Hey Dally, hey Y/N. What you guys doing here?" Pony asked us. "We came from the DX." Dally answered. "Did y'all run all the way here?" Johnny asked. I guess he noticed that we were breathing a little hard. "We were run from Bob and his goons." I said. "Oh,  well what brings you here." Pony asked. "Kill time since Darry invited Pretty Baby over at 4 at your house." Dally said smiling at me.

We sat there talking for at least 2 hours and it was getting dark already. The sun was setting and it looked beautiful. Y/N, remember no matter where I am we'll always be connected by the sunset, if it's a bad day or good one. When you look at sunset think of me. And always remember that when things are bad to keep on fighting don't give up. Spread those wings and fly, don't let anyone get in your way. I love you baby bird. Those were the last words my brother told me. Sunsets make me smile and bring tears to my eyes. Me and Pony were still sitting there watching the sunsets. All I could remember is running around with my brother, and stopping to watching the sunset as a little kids. I couldn't help but start to tear up.

"Hey Y/N what's wrong?" Pony asked, I guess he saw me crying. Dally and Johnny turned to look at me. "Oh nothing, something got in my eye that's all. I'm fine." I said trying to give a convincing smile. "Are you sure?" Dally asked  wrapping his arm around me. "Yeah I'm sure." I don't think he was convinced though. "Let's go." Pony said. We started walking but Dally kept his arm wrapped around me, and instead of pushing him off, I actually liked it. It felt...right.

When we got to the Curtis' house all the guys were in there already. And I guess they've been waiting for a little while. "There you guys and girl are. I guess I'm gonna have to get use to saying that huh?" Soda said. "If you're gonna stick around?" They all turned and looked at me. Dally looked at me with a worried look with his arm wrapped around me. "Hell yeah I am. What wouldn't I?" I said smiling at Dally. While I said that, I was looking straight into Dally's eyes. He smiled and hugged me, and spun me around. "Its official." Darry said looking at me. "Your a part of the gang." He said smiling. Man after one day they decided to let me in and accept me. Wow.

After what seemed like days of them asking me questions it was 10. They asked why I moved here, how I got my scar, how I like the town so far, and a bunch of other things. I asked them questions too. Like where was Pony's parents, which the answer broke my heart, but I understood how they felt. "Well, we'll see ya tomorrow Y/N." Darry said. "Bye Darry, bye boys." I waved to all of them "Bye Y/N." the rest of them said at the same time. "Bye guys." I heard Dally say. He quickly followed me outside. "Where you heading Pretty Baby?" He asked. "I don't know, all I know is that I don't want to go home." I said looking at the ground. "Let's go to my buddy Buck's house, I'm getting pretty tired." He said. "Alright."

When we got to Buck's house we went straight upstairs, Dally was holding my hand, leading the way. "Here we are." He said opening the door to a room. "Have a seat." He said pointing to the bed. He took off he shirt and got comfortable sitting down next to me. "So why were you crying at the lot? And I understand if you don't want to tell me it's just...I want make sure you're okay." He asked in a sweet sensitive voice. "Oh, well..." I took a deep breath. "It's just that sunsets remind me of my brother. He always would watch them with me, even if we weren't outside or we were doing something. He would take me stop what he was doing,  take me outside and watching the sunset." I felt tears running down my cheeks. " His last words were, Y/N, remember no matter where I am we'll always be connected by the sunset, if it's a bad day or good one. When you look at sunset think of me. And always remember that when things are bad to keep on fighting don't give up. Spread those wings and fly, don't let anyone get in your way. I love you baby bird. That's why when I see a sunset I get emotional." I felt the tears just pouring down and I couldn't help it. Dally pulled me into his arms and hugged me. The tears started to pour down even more. "Its okay Y/N, I sure that he's looking down smiling at the girl you've become. Don't cry anymore." He said in calm relaxing tone, stroking my hair. I buried my face into his chest. After a while I stopped crying. "You know I've never told anyone what my brother told me before he died, not even my own parents." I said trying to smile. "Well I'm glad that I'm the first person you tell." He said smiling. I pulled him in for a hug.

"I guess it's time for me to leave." I said frowning. "No you don't have to go." Dally said. "But my parents, you know what? Screw them they don't care about me anyways." I said laughing. "You wanna spend the night here? I got a shirt for you that you can sleep in." Dally said pointing to his dresser. "Sure Dal." I said smiling. He got the shirt for me. "I'll turn around for you can change." He's so polite. I laid down on the bed and started to quickly doze off. He climbed into the bed next to me. I turned and for some reason wrapped my arms around him. He did the same to me. "Good night Dally." I said. "Night Y/N." He said back. He whispered something that sound like I love you. "What?" I asked. "Nothing. Go to sleep beautiful." I smirked and went to sleep. Did he actually say I love you, or am I hearing things?