Chapter 8: What do you want?

The acid fog went on for hours, we could hear it howling from inside the dropship. Everyone was huddled around each other for support and comfort. I paced back and forth, worried. Clarke, Finn, Wells, and countless others were out there, including Bellamy.

My eyes kept glancing to where Octavia sat, who was nervously chewing on her thumbs. I knew she was worried, even though they had been fighting.

A loud, painful groan coming from the second floor of the drop ship had started a couple of minutes ago. Jasper was still in alot of pain, and this fog was delaying Clarke's return with the medicine he desperately needed. I cringed every time I heard him, as I could tell the people around me were growing frustrated with his sounds.

"Would he just shut up already?" One called, trying to sleep.

I heard murmurs in agreement, and Octavia came to stand with me upon seeing the commotion.

"That's it, I'm ending this." Murphy declared, an angry look on his face. He quickly stood up from where he was trying to sleep.

"Murphy, you know Bellamy gave him until tomorrow!" I said in disagreement. My voice was strong, and I was going to make sure he followed through with Bellamy's orders.

"Bellamy isn't here, is he?" He replied, disinterested. "The kids dying anyways, I'm just getting it over with."

Octavia quickly followed Monty up the stairs before Murphy started to move. They shut the entrance as quickly as they could, effectively stopping him in his tracks. Murphy yelled and banged on the door, but it was no use. They weren't going to open the door until Bellamy was back.

I smirked, knowing that Bellamy still held power over Murphy even when he wasn't here.

My face immediately dropped when I looked up to find Murphy's deadly focus directly on me.

"What's so funny, bitch?" He asked, removing his hands from the ladder so he dropped down. He landed on his feet easily, and moved in a circle around me. My body betrayed me by taking a step back, and I mentally cursed.

"You have no power over me Murphy." I reply. My hands started to shake, so I held them behind me. "Jasper will make it, you just have to wait for Clarke to get back."

"We'll see about that." He says, teeth bared. He eventually retreated to his sleeping spot, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Holding my stomach, I tried to calm my breathing. I fell to the floor next to the closed door of the dropship, and let my body unclench all my stressed muscles.

I kept my eyes open to make sure Murphy would fall asleep. I didn't trust him near me or anyone else. I eventually got drowsy, and I heard the slow breathes of all the sleeping individuals near me. I didn't even notice when my eyes shut...

__________________________________

My eyes opened hours later to find the sun was setting. I heard laughter and voices outside, and the breeze was hitting my unclothed arms. The dropship door was open and the sun was fading, meaning the fog had cleared. It made sense no one would wake me up, as I'm sure no one really cared about my whereabouts.

I jerked my body upright, wanting to check to see if the others had returned. I looked around to find Octavia sitting across from me. She smiled when she saw my open eyes and said, "It's about time, sleepy head."

I returned her look with a sheepish grin, maybe someone did care after all.

"The fog cleared about an hour ago, we're still waiting for the others to get back."