She didn't believe what they were saying, it couldn't be true. So she broke into Dana's office and found her file that contained all the answers people had told her never existed. Once she finished reading her heart dropped. At that moment everything felt so surreal and she couldn't stop crying.

It was true, she was Charlotte Tilby's daughter.

The rumour spread like a wildfire and Elena was quickly stamped as a freak since she was an outcome of incest. People were brutal in the way they spoke about her because in everyone's eyes she was a child of a psychopath and it was almost like they took out on her what happened to Charlotte. This absolutely destroyed Elena because it wasn't her fault what happened, and it was not her fault that she was born. So this became the reason no one liked her. Parents never let their children play with her, foster parents could not handle her and her own guardian hated her.

"Get the fuck up!" Dana yell with her hoarse dark voice as she slammed the door open making Elena flinch.

"Fucking bitch.." Elena thought as the tried to remain calm, but her anger said otherwise. Dana always triggered it. Elena stood up facing her and yelled back, "I'm fucking up already, are you blind?"

Dana frowned as she walked closer and pointed a finger in her face.

"Get ready for school right now you ungrateful piece of shit!"

Elena could feel herself getting angry as she tightened her fists. Just being in Dana's presence made her feel sick to her stomach. She got really pissed off by her attitude and then suddenly, without a warning, she felt a burning pain across her cheek as Dana smacked her right across the face. She fell backwards and hit the floor groaning in pain. Her vision went blurry for a few seconds before she could open her eyes looking up at Dana standing there with a smirk on her face as she crossed her arms.

"School, now." she said and left the room slamming the door behind her.

Elena slowly dragged herself up from the floor feeling dizzy. Why did she always have to be such a bitch? she thought. Now she would show up with a new bruise and Lilly would start with her questions again. She tried to cover it up with some foundation and a black smokey eye, but you could see the bruise peeking through. So after applying a decent amount of makeup she gave up and put on some black ripped jeans and a white crop top with her signature black leather jacket on top. She pulled her long brown hair in a high ponytail and walked out of the room. The others stared at her as they clearly had overheard them, but choose to just ignore it. When she got outside of the institution she finally got a positive surprise that put a smile on her face.

"Alex!" Elena shouted as she ran into his arms and buried her face into his chest. She looked up in his eyes and smiled so widely it hurt her cheeks. Just when she thought he couldn't get any more attractive she noticed he had gotten a septum piercing in his nose.

"Ugh, had he only been straight. Why god? Why did you give me a vagina?" she thought to herself.

"Nice piercing dude, what are you doing here?" she asked and let go off him. He held up a finger as he turned to his car and pulled out a bag.

"Being your guardian angel, like always." he said sarcastically with a cute grin. Elena looked in the bag which was filled with alcohol, weed and a big bag of chips.

"You know me way to well." she said as he put the bag back into the car.

"I know. Now let's go, we don't want to be late for schooool" he joked with a high pitch voice as he pulled out his jazz hands. Elena smiled and jumped into the car.

They drove to their special place on top of a hill right outside of town. It was the spot Alex had taken Elena at the night of the party. They sat there watching the run rise as they shared their life stories over a joint. After that it became their usual spot and a place where they'd create a lot of memories. But one of the best parts about the place was that you could see Gotham in the distance.

"It's so beautiful, and there's no clouds today so we can see Gotham again. Must be fun living in a place where things actually happen." Elena said and took another shot of vodka. Alex looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah if you look away from the fact that it's a town full of crazy nut jobs and mentally insane criminals. Crazy shit happen there all the time, believe me. I only live there because the boys are cute." he said with a grin.

"It's better than here anyways. It would be amazing to escape to a place where no one knows who I am. Besides, Lilly's goal is to get me to work in Gotham Gazette." Elena replied as she leaned her hands on her knees staring out at the view.

"Fuck that, you're becoming a stripper with me." Alex joked and took another shot of vodka as well. He then sat closer to Elena while putting his arm around her and pulled her close.

"Patience, hun. It's only two months left before you turn eighteen and can finally move in with me. I can't wait to take you out of here and away from all these fuckers that constantly hurt you."

Elena tried her best not to cry, but the alcohol said otherwise. Her eyes started to tear up but she quickly wiped them away trying to cover it, but Alex noticed. He placed his hand under her cheek and turned her face up to face his.

"You are beyond amazing and I want you to always remember that. You're my partner in crime." he said and softly kissed her forehead. When he pulled away she leaned her head against his shoulder and smiled before she looked over at Gotham again.

"You're the best, Alex. And I can't wait to move there with you and start a new life." she said before looking down at her phone. Her eyes got wide and she gasped as she jumped up dragging Alex with her in a hurry.

"Shit, I forgot I have that interview today!" she said with a hint of panic in her voice.

"You are really excited to meet this criminal dude, huh?" he teased her. She shook her head and replied, "No it's not that. Lilly doesn't care that much if I skip school, but if I don't follow through with one of her projects I won't hear the end of it. Plus he is a criminal, he can teach me a thing or two." she said in her defense.

"Yeah teach you not how to get caught all the time." he joked which made Elena punch him in the arm.

"He got caught too!" she said laughing as they drove off.

Sooo watcha think? I hope you now understood the connection between the intro story and Elena. I can't wait for the next chapter! It's going to be much better I promise. Please comment and vote!

Michelle