But like I said this town had never even had the need to call the police before so therefore they thought it couldn't be that serious and sent him since it would probably be an "easy" case. Poor fella.

Nervously the officer exited the front door of Charlotte's house and was instantly met by dozen of flashing lights and microphones that was showed in his face. Even reporters from the Gotham Gazette had showed up. This didn't exactly make him any more cofident. His body was already shaking from what he had just witnessed.

«There were neighbours that heard gunshots!»
«Multiple screams as well!»
«Are they all dead?»

He was looking quite on edge as he was about to reveal what happened, and with good reason. Sweat was running down his forehead and nervously he wiped it off as he took a deep breath.

«Um, right. So,» he said as he loosened the collar of his shirt that felt like it was choking him at this point, «I recieved a call about strange noises coming from inside the house. Once I got here everything seemed normal..but,» he said with a pause as he felt a clump growing tighter in his throat, «But when I entered, there was nothing but blood everywhere.»

The reporters gasped before showing the cameras further in his face while yelling out more questions.

«How much blood?»
«Were someone murdered!?»
«Is the people even safe anyone?»

«I saw two bodies laying on the floor, but I had no time to react before noticing a child, a girl, sitting beside them. Her clothes were covered in blood, so I assumed she was hurt and needed my help. I was about to approach her,» he said before pausing for a moment, «but I stopped when I saw she was holding a butcher knife close to her body. When she noticed me she didn't react at all, and suddenly she just passed out.» he expained and the reporters went absolutely nuts.

Another more experienced officer arrived at the house and noticed the newbie was being interviewed. He saw how nervous he was and rushed over. He pushed the newbie away before he could get out another word.

«Did the girl kill them?!»
«Did anyone survive

The officer gave the newbie an angry glare before turning to the reporters and clearing his throat.

«The girl has been taken to the hospital to be checked for any injuries. That's all we can say, no further questions.»

The police started an investigation to figure out what happened, but in the meantime people were absolute brutal with all the rumors they created by gossiping . Many of Charlotte's classmates shared with their parents that she had always had such an odd behaviour and would often tell them disturbing stories they didn't quite understand. Her teachers confirmed this, and added that she never really played with anyone and would never join the showers after gym class, she would always head straight home, which was odd.

Her neighbours was interviewed to see their impression of Charlotte.

"Never liked her! She would always sneak up to my kitchen window and try to steal my food. I say send her to Gotham and let her rot in Arkham where she belongs!" A grumpy fat lady told them before showing the door in their face.

"We often heard screaming and a lot of unsettling noises from the house. But every time I would go over to check it out her brother would slam the door in my face and say everything was just fine. We didn't know what we could do. And their father never seemed to be around." Their closest neighbour said with a sigh as he hugged his baby boy close to his chest.

Everyone claimed she killed them both and that she was mentally unstable, but then the investigation ended, and the truth came out.

It was no lie that Charlotte was highly mentally disturbed, but it was not her fault. After the murder they searched through the entire house and everything seemed normal, until one room, her brothers room. After breaking through an extra lock he had put on his door they searched the room and found a bunch of strange journals, and that was all they needed to solve the case.

The journals prooved not only that her brother was a cold hearted psycopath, but that he had beaten, starved, and eventually started raping Charlotte ever since she was as young as four years old. He had continuosly played with her mind as he made her think it was her punishment for killing their mother. Charlotte would tell her friends stories about what happened to her in third person to see if this was normal, but no one ever responded and instead kept their distance. And because of the bruises and her skinny body she never joined the showers because she was afraid they'd laugh at her.

On the night of the murder Charlotte's father had arrived home early after a long business trip as usual. As he entered the home he witnessed Charlotte being brutally beated as her brother held a gun to her head. He dropped everything in shock, but before he could even gasp the brother threw his arm around and shot their dad dead right in front of Charlotte's eyes.

Within a second she went from absolute panic to a rush of survival adrenaline as she sprinted against the kitchen. Her eyes locked themselves at the butcher knife that was laying on the counter and her heart felt like it was about to explode as she heard her brothers footsteps right behind her.

She grabbed the knife knowing she had only one shot, so she swung around screaming at looked him straight in the eyes as she buried the knife into the side of his neck. Blood was flying everywhere as she watched the life leave his eyes. And then she just slowly fell to the floor, with no emotion, as she looked at the monster who had tortured her all her life choking on his own blood. He was reaching his hand towards her, but then it just fell to the floor as the life left his eyes.

Weeks went by and people could not stop talking about what happened, but mostly, where was Charlotte? The police refused to say where she was kept and it made everyone furious. People demanded answers, was she even alive? And then after a while, her name popped up in the headlines again.

"Charlotte Tilby is dead."

After the murders when Charlotte had been sendt to the hospital to check for any injuries, the doctors took their tests on her and they saw something truly horrifying. And I'm not talking about the starving, bruises and broken bones. They decided not to tell her right away because she was already in so much shock. But after some weeks when they finally did, she escaped the hospital. 

Calls came in to the police from people reporting seeing Charlotte at a gas station near by the hospital. As the cops arrived they could see a crowd of people screaming and crying over something. The police rushed through the crowd and what they found scarred them for life. There indeed laid Charlotte, bur with her neck cut right open and a knife in her hand.

She was hurried into an ambulance where they tried everything to save her, but within a couple of minutes she bled out and her heart stopped. The worker who was trying to stop the bleeding sighed as he leaned back. It was never easy not being able to save a life. But he didn't get to think twice about it before his coworker threw herself down at Charlotte's lifeless body with a scalpel.

«We're not done yet,» she said looking up at his confused face, «She's pregnant.»

The doctors at the hospital had found out Charlotte was already seven months pregnant, but her body was so starved and broken that it wad hardly noticable. And when they took a DNA test to find out who the father was they knew it would be too much for her to handle, but eventually after all the tests and avoding questions, Charlotte figured it out. She escaped and her mind could not handle the thought that even in death he haunted her, so she killed herself.

But to everyone's surprise, the baby survived.

Okay fuck haha this was dark, I know. The rest of the story is not like this. We'll that would be a lie, HAH. But the next part will be the start of the actual story so please keep reading!

☼ Michelle ☽