Page 20

"It's dinner already?" I whisper,not wanting Elena to hear.

"Yeah,you sleep that long" Jungkook answer with an 'obviously,yeah' tone.

"And also,my lady, your medicine. The doctor said that this pill and some ointment will do. Do you need anything else?"

"Umm,mi..."

"Milk is here" Elena said while politely show the tall glass that is almost full with warm milk.

I sigh in relief, smiling to her. Elena,she knows best. No,she is the best.
"I know you can't eat your medicine without milk to go along."

"That makes you the best person out there,Elena" I whisper,but loud enough

"And that's make you the best girl out there Y/n"
It's rare that Elena called me by my name,but when she do, the caring and sweet side Elena is activated.

"If there's nothing else,i'll be off now. Sleep well my lady,and you to, Jungkook."

Jungkook straightened up at the called of his name.

"Bye,don't forget the medicine"
"You know i won't"
"Just reminding, love you"
"Love you too"

Elena slowly stepped out and close the door behind her.

"I want to"
"Huh? What's that just now?"

"I want...a night bye too."

I stare at his back,his face that currently look at the door make it impossible to see.
"I know that i came out of a photo,a frame to be exact. But i, must have parents, or at least someone who took care of me, who used to say things like this. Or that's what i thought it is. I just feel,jealousy...over you. Everyone seem to take care of you,when i have no one. Because why? Because i came out of a damn photo. Tell me..."

He slowly turn to me, "...am i even real?"

I was caught offguard, but Jungkook take the quiet atmosphere as an answer.
"I thought so"

"No Jungkook,wait. It's not that."

"Forget it,here. Eat your dinner, then take your medicine,go to bed"
It sounded more like orders instead of just normal...words.

I slowly take the plate and eat as fast as i could. But tonight,the steak tastes too dry, or is it just me? As i eat, i steal a glance to Jungkook who's eating on the floor. His gaze,feels blank although he only stare onto the floor. I feel bad,but how do i fix this?

"Can i have my pill?"

"You're done eating?" he eyes the half eatean stick on my plate.

"Yeah."

He just silently stand and hand me my pill,along with the milk. I was about to eat my pill,when he scoff.

"What?"

"No,you're such a baby. I remember once that i just gulped down three pills without water."

"Really?"

"Nah,i'm lying"

"What?!"

"Just drink up" He put his fingers under my glass and push it upward,shoving the milk down my throat.

I cough as soon as i finished the milk. Geez,is he trying to kill me?
I slowly wipe off my mouth using my sleeve,i know i'll be scolded for this, but nah, i don't care. To be honest, i never...
"Ouch,hey!"

"Oh sorry. Did i touch your bruise."

"No, it's just, umm. I don't...really...let anyone...put ointment for me" i'm pretty sure my face is red by now.

"Why?"

"Because....it's, embarrassing" I whisper out the last part.

"Pfft,you're weird. And you think drinking warm milk with pill is not embarassing?"

"No"

"Well,if you think that's not embarassing,then don't be with this. Really,it's just as normal as you putting it on your own.

"Okay..."

"Come on trust me"

"I am..."

"Lier"

"No i'm not"

"Then why are you hugging a pillow"

"I'm nervous"

Jungkook burst out into a short laugh." Girl,it's not like i ask you to dance for me, i'm just putting ointment"

I wasn't able to come up with something to say,so i just shut up.
As soon as Jungkook lay his fingers on my bruised feet, my muscle relaxed. His fingers just swiftly do it's work, applying some pressure here and there as i hiss. He seems,to know what he's doing. Out of sudden,it feels like we had been friend for so long.

Is it true? What he said did make sense,if he have parents or even someone who cares for him,where are they now? When i first met him,he don't even remember his name. Did he have parents? Of course he did!

Suddenly, i feel a light pressure against my shoulder as Jungkook push me to lay down. He pull over the blanket over me and nicely tuck me in. Then,he walk to the blanket on the floor that maybe he had layed them himself. He was about to close his eyes when i suddenly said,

"Don't sleep there"

"Huh?" He sit up.

"Don't sleep there,it's cold."

"So,where do you want me to sleep?" he lazily said.

I slowly pat the spot beside me,and he seemed to be taken back by it. Don't worry,i'm suprised too.

"There?"

"Here,beside me."

Slowly,he stands up,taking his pillow and blanket along. Once he lay down,i was able to lay down myself calmly.

"Good night Kookie"

He shift and repositioned himself to face me,his eyes wander over my face and i did the same.

"Good night Y/n"

I nod and closed my eyes. I was about to drift off to sleep,when a voice whisper,
"Thanks"