57• Reconnect

Note: Please read the Author's Note at the end because I left a thank you for you lovelies ❤️
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
____________________________

18 November 2017

• C H A R L O T T E •

A familiar cologne of comfort. Two tight arms guardedly wrapped around me. A blanket of steady heartbeats. A gentle lullaby of soft snores.

Justin.

Last night was a whirlwind of overwhelming feelings. Everything felt so comfortable with him. It felt easy. But at the back of my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about what I said and the pinching feeling that reminds me about the pain of the last few months. I wanted to forget, but I couldn't.

I don't regret anything from last night - except maybe drinking too much - but I wish it had happened on better circumstances. I'm not going to lie: kissing him felt so good, like slipping back into happiness.

I cautiously peered up at his face. He was out like a light. His lips were slightly open and his head was turned to the side. I will admit that I've missed waking up to him. I've missed waking up with someone.

I needed to get up though. But I didn't want to wake him up. After all the alcohol last night, my hunger was kicking in. My stomach growled. I instantly clenched it with my hands. I slowly leaned up, trying to get up without waking him up. It was a struggle. I decided to get up, the final stretch, in a quick motion. I froze after breaking free from his arms and looked at him. He didn't wake up, thank god. I slipped on my Adidas sandals and quietly left my room, closing the door gently behind me. I exhaled and walked normally to the kitchen for some long-awaited food.

Dylan and Sam were in the kitchen. Sam was lying on her arm and mindlessly scrolling on her phone. Dylan was having cereal while reading something on his iPad. When I entered the room, they both looked my way.

"Hey girlie, how you feeling today?" Sam sat up and smiled at me.

"I'm okay. I started sobering up late last night," I slipped onto a stool next to Sam.

"That's good. You were a little drunk," Dylan said.

"Yeah. I shouldn't have drank. But anyway, how are you both?" I looked from Sam to Dylan.

"I have a headache and woke up at about 5am coz of it. It's reason enough not to drink again," Sam chuckled.

"I slept great. Although... my roommate was missing the whole night," Dylan said, curiously.

I gulped down, "weird."

"Who? Justin? What do you mean 'missing'?" Sam furrowed her eyebrows.

"Like he didn't come to our room. The bed hasn't even been slept in," Dylan explained.

"Well then where is he? I hope everything's okay," Sam said, worriedly.

"Yeah," I nodded and picked up an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter. I wiped it against my shirt and then took a big bite.

"I didn't see him this morning. Where could he have gone?" Sam asked, rhetorically, just thinking out loud.

"Maybe he went for a walk or something?" Dylan suggested.

I took another large bite of the apple.

"But Mikey is still sleeping in his room. Justin wouldn't go out alone in a foreign country, I mean... without security," Sam said.