Final Chapter

Hello everyone! Before you start freaking out about the title, hear me out.

I've absolutely loved running this contests book and it's been so much fun reading everyone's work and being able to connect to so many different writers across the globe. It's also been a learning experience for me, as well. I've experienced different writing styles and been able to witness what works in a story and what doesn't and it's influenced my growth as a writer so much!

But it takes more time to post contests/judge/read entries/reply to participants than you may think and it's become too much of a time commitment for me. I have a lot going on as it is and lately, it's been very stressful for me. 

Stressful to the point of having constant anxiety about making sure this contest book was working and that I wasn't failing anyone. And I just can't properly run this book and do everything that I need to do in my life.

I'm not saying this to get a pity-party. I want to let you guys know why I'm choosing to end this book. I'm so grateful for everyone who has participated the the past and I'm forever grateful that I got to run this book (even though I only did 11 contests). 

My bestie, hannahsue-- runs an AMAZING contest book so if you would like to continue writing for contests, please check her out. She is very punctual with updating and is a very talented writer herself!

I apologize if I upset anyone by doing this, but I believe this season of my life is meant to end and I'm ready to move onto the next. 

Every single one of you have what it takes to be a good and talented writer. You don't have to excel in one area of writing in order to become well-known. Creative and story writing is just one possibility. There's analytical writing, journalism, business writing, just to name a few. Don't give up because one door has closed. Look around for the one that just opened or that you never saw before.

Thank you all again, for everything!

-Aly