I looked at my watch since I tend to lose track as well. "Sunday, eleventh," I replied. "Why?"

She shrugged, "Nothing. About the reunion? Are you coming?" She asked.

It's funny how the thought of the reunion keeps coming up no matter what the mood or conversation is about. Taylor for one never lets it go even though it is never important for her life.

"I've no idea," I answered tediously, never letting a slight sound of excitement add up as there was completely none of it.

Taylor sat a bit closer, staring into my eyes as if she's trying to look for something that makes my statement a lie but unfortunately, she didn't. "It sounds fun."

"I've told you, I don't like going there. I feel out of place."

"So what? I'll come with you," she said, and I wished she was joking. . . she wasn't.

"You'll miss Christmas with your family, Taylor." I reminded her. Seeing her family in Thanksgiving, how happy they were, I would think their Christmas would be a lot more fun. I would rather spend Christmas with her family.

"Well, I've been spending Christmas with them every year my whole life so it would be nice for a slight change every once in a while," she reasoned out.

"It would be a sad thing to break a tradition, now would it?"

"It would be a sad thing not to try something new," she retorted with a smile. By then, I was no longer paying attention to my dad's journal so I shut it.

"You wouldn't want to spend Christmas with my family, I swear to you," I said, my head getting a bit heavy. I want to head to sleep. I think this is what she feels 24/7 though.

"And you wouldn't want to spend Christmas here alone, do you?"

"Been there, done that," I said. "Besides, I don't spend Christmas here, I go to Manhattan, touring the Christmas toy shops."

"Yeah, but —"

"Christmas eve? I'll be in an orphanage or somewhere," I cut her off.

She had the strangest look of disbelief and her nose twitched a bit, "Orphanage? I've never known you for a charity chick."

I rolled my eyes, "I've a very flexible personality, likes and dislikes vary," I told her.

"Much to learn, then." She smiled. "Reunion?"

"No," I said. "To tell you the truth I'd rather spend Christmas with your family. The thought of it sounds more appealing."

"Christmas," she mumbled quietly. "Speaking of Christmas, let's see what your father has to say about that, eighteen years old. . ." Taylor quickly went through the pages until she started flipping them slowly. She continued reading again, "Aha! Quote baby," she started reading out loud, "'If you've got the chance, get home every Christmas. It's not a time for presents, nor songs, nor riches, simply a time to be with the ones closest to your heart.'"

She stuck her tongue out at me as I wore that shocked expression on my face.

"My dad wrote that?" I raised an eyebrow suspiciously. Taylor's a writer, her way with words is excellent, how do I even know she didn't just think of that?

"Uh, yeah, he did." She turned the book around and pointed right where my father wrote it. Alright, she really quoted it word for word.

"My dad really just thought he would write it there to lecture me beyond the grave," I muttered.

Taylor laughed, "Yep, he did. You should go to the reunion."

"Taylor. . .," I trailed off, running out of reasons. "I don't want to."