37. Watson Siblings

Start from the beginning

"Okay, so let me just tell you a few things," Antonio said to my brother behind me. I bit my lip and peeked behind me to see them for a moment. Their matching brown hair glowed in the light from the lamps and both their brown eyes had a deadly expression in them which was held by cages of fire to keep it within. "In three days we are going to court with your sister as a witness and victim and we're going to win the case, however, if we can get your mother on our side too, we would win with ease. So maybe you and Nina could talk to her and just explain the situation to her."

Liam shook his head and swayed his hands down in his pockets. "Sorry to disappoint, but my mother would never go against my father. They may not like each other and she has always been the one who had the pants on in their relationship, but she loves him more than us in some sick way. Her attention has always been on him, it's like she needs him to feel worthy. That's also the reason they apparently haven't got a divorce yet and really don't care about me or Nina anymore."

Antonio lowered his head. "Sorry to hear that." 

"That's not even the worst." 

"What's the worst." 

I tensed at his question. Why did Antonio need to ask so many questions?

"That I left her. That's the worst." 

Quickly I speed my pace and ran up to Anthony with my eyes fixing right forward to not let anyone see the glint of water lurking in my eyes. 

We turned the corner and instantly my eyes met his. They were hidden behind a glass wall, however, they still bore right into me. The last time I saw him wasn't pleasant and even though he didn't touch me, this time topped them all. He had his arms crossed over his chest and was peeking up at the guards. 

His hair was messed up and his cheeks flushed red as always, his eyes didn't have much life left in them and it gave me goosebumps all over my body. The guard led us over to sit in front of the glass right in front of him. 

Sweat drenched my skin as I sat down and he shifted his eyes to me. "Nina, what a lovely surprise to see you here." He moved his eyes up to Liam, who stood beside Antonio. He laughed. "All my children, the Watson siblings, here to see me, what an honor." 

"We aren't your children," Liam said and took a threatened step forward, which Antonio shooked his head off. 

"Last time I checked we have the same blood running in our veins."

My fingers curled into fists, my nails digging into my poor skin. Hesitantly, I looked up at my father whos eyes bored into mine. "My beautiful daughter, are you here to get me out?" 

"No, she isn't! We are only here because your son wants to talk to you and because my lawyer and I want to give you the chance to confess before we ruin you in court," Anthony threatened and stepped in front of me. 

My father shook his head. "Let me guess, your one of the Martinez and if I'm not wrong, the youngest and dumbest, since you think you can come here and steal my daughter and then threaten me!" My father was about to rise from his seat, but the guards laid their hands on his shoulders and pressed him down again with a bang. 

"Daddy?" I asked them all, making them turn to stare at me. 

"Nina-" 

"No, I want to say something," I interrupted Liam, who sighed. 

"Fine, but don't let him get into your head." 

"He's already there." 

"What?" 

"Nothing," I hurried to say and stood from the chair and walked closer to the glass, letting the three boys be a bit behind me so they didn't guide me away from my goal. 

"My lovely daughter, are you here to get me out?" he asked and smiled a smile there showed his yellow teeth. 

"No." 

"No? No! I am your father, you should respect me and help me, even if your brother has turned against us!" he yelled and clenched his fist together with his jaw. 

"No." Tears had found their way to my eyes and slowly glided down my chins only to drip down from my chin and slowly land on the stone hard ground. 

"Your mother would be so disappointed in you, Nina, you turn against your family because of a Martinez! Do you even know what they have done?" He lifted his hand to point at Anthony behind me. 

"I don't know what they have done! And I really don't need to know, 'cause you're so full of crap. You loved me once, but that all changed when you reached the bottom of your first bottle!" I screamed and curled down on the floor, sheltering my head with my hands. 

A hand was laid on my shoulder, but I shook it off. "Don't touch me, just leave! All of you!" I screamed again and dried my eyes in my pants. 

"Let's give her some privacy," Antonio said somewhere behind me with was followed by leaving footsteps. They left. They really did. 

I peeked up at my father, who sat with his arms crossed over his chest again. "Let's talk," he said as I slowly raised from the ground and dried the new tears with my sleeve. 

"I think you did you best or did you?" I croaked and stared him directly into his eyes. He was silent as he leaned further back in his chair and even crossed his legs. "You know, sometimes I think I hate you! I'm sorry, dad, for feeling like this. You know, your selfish hands were always expecting more, even when we where on good terms. Am I really your child, or just some toy you can play with? You have a heart, but it's buried very deeply within your chest. And you know what, I try so hard to find it, but it's hopeless."

"Child, I'm your father, don't talk like that to me!" he said with a slightly raised voice. 

"Please father, stop this! Please stop this for the love of your daughter." 

"You may be my daughter, but I'm never doing anything you command me to, go back to your friends and get me out of here so we can go home!" he yelled and tried to get up again, but failed. "We are father and daughter, right?" 

"You know, last time I tried to say I love you to you in my mind, it felt like a complete lie! A fucking lie! You don't love me! Mommy don't love me and I'm not even sure if Liam loves me, but somehow, I still can't let any of you go! You all left me, but I'm still fighting to get you back. I fought a battle, there already was lost. At least that was until I met Anthony, he didn't walk away, he stayed though I pushed and pushed. And that's why I know I love him! Did you hear that? I fucking love Anthony Martinez and you can do nothing to change it and that's also why I'm sending you to prison where you belong. I don't want to be afraid anymore!" I screamed and started hitting the glass. 

As I cried, my lower lip quivered and my eyes because glazed with a layer of water. Briskly, two guards came and took both my arms to pull me away, but I fought against it. I had so much more to say. 

"I'm not afraid anymore!" I screamed towards him again. 

"You'll always be afraid, Nina, 'cause my blood will always be running in your veins. And my addiction will always be yours too," he said calmly and just high enough for me to hear. 

"No!" I screamed and tried to kick one of the guards, but he held me tight and pulled me around the corner so I no longer could see my father and his smirk. "Fuck!" 

"Nina?" Anthony came running over as he saw us. The tow guards let me go, however, as soon as they did that, I ran towards my father again, but with no luck. Anthony had curled his arms around my waist and was pulling me into his chest. "Don't," he whispered slowly. 

I turned around and buried my head in his chest as my tears ran freely. 

My father was right. I was afraid of him and I was an alcoholic. Just like him. 

I was just like him.