Chapter 12

Hello! Updates will be scarce for the next few weeks because I'm doing exams which are ind of quite very important, however, I have decided to go with less chapters in this story but make the chapters longer than usual because my sections of writing just seem to be getting longer.

So less chapters but more story per chapter.

Thank you for leaving such nice comments and voting and even just reading! It means the world to me!

Enjoy x

Months passed and Sherlock and John’s relationship was flawless. Well, Not exactly flawless but it’s very hard to have a relationship with someone like Sherlock. A few arguments here and there were normal but nothing worth mentioning.

Now Sherlock and John were standing with their suitcases on a train platform waiting to catch the train to Sherlock’s parents' house. It was a normal British Christmas day. The skies were grey and a light rain was falling onto the platform. Sherlock turned his coat collar up and shivered.

“You should have worn a thicker coat.” Sherlock looked at John who looked snug in his thick, green winter coat and rolled his eyes. John laughed and put Sherlock’s hands in his in an attempt to warm them up.

“Look. When I breathe out it looks like I’m smoking.” Sherlock breathed out and John raised his eyebrows. “Oh come on. It was a little bit funny.”

“I like to think you look like an angry dragon.”

Now it was Sherlock’s turn to laugh. The train finally pulled up at the platform and the two boys hauled their suitcases on board. They flopped into two empty seats and sighed in relief. They sat in silence for a few minutes, just letting the warmth of the train warm up their frozen hands and feet.

The train journey to Sussex was mainly filled with stupid card games, which John had to put an end to when he realised that Sherlock knew far too much about the statistics of the games and decided he was cheating. From card games, Sherlock took to his favourite past time, deducing as many people as he could. He did it almost absentmindedly. He wrote it all down on a sheet of paper while John was doing a crossword in the newspaper. John threw the crossword over to Sherlock in frustration.

“I can’t do it.”

As Sherlock picked up the crossword to, undoubtedly, finish it, John reached over and had a look at Sherlock’s deductions. As usual he was bewildered.

John looked up to see Sherlock watching him intently.

“Ah, so you finished that crossword then.” John passed the deductions back to Sherlock, embarrassed.

“No it’s fine.” Sherlock pushed the deductions back to John. “Let’s play a new game. ‘Can John Watson figure out how my mind works?’”

John raised his eyebrows.

“Come on John! You know my methods, apply them.”

John sighed and looked down at the sheet of paper again. He started scanning the train carriage.

“Start small, John.”

“Ok. Well obviously, wedding rings are a dead give away.”

Sherlock nodded.

“I don’t get how you can see that that man is divorced though.”

“You can see the tan line from a ring.”