Chapter 6

I am SO sorry this took so long!!!! I've been distracted and stuff I guess! 

ANYWAYS - SORRY and Enjoy xx

Sherlock woke up smiling at 7:00 to find John still sleeping face down in his pillow. Sherlock got up and dressed quickly and sat on his bed. He just wanted the school day to end so he could go to the crime scene. Sherlock smiled at the thought. His first crime scene.

As Sherlock was overwhelmed by happiness, he heard John groan as he awoke.

“Good morning John!” Sherlock smiled.

“Why are you up so early?”

“Am I not allowed to be happy?”

“Not at this time in the morning.” John groaned and sat up groggily. His hair stuck up at odd angles. He looked extremely tired even though usually he was the one up at 7 every morning. Sherlock shook it off. Nothing could kill his good mood today.

“Come on John! Get up!” Sherlock bounced on his bed.

John didn’t know what had made his friend so incredibly active but seeing Sherlock like this made him laugh. He rubbed his eyes and got out of bed. Sherlock was whistling a tune John didn’t know but it sounded cheerful.

The exact opposite of what I feel,  John thought to himself.

John quickly hopped into the shower and fixed his hair.

He walked out of the bathroom to find Sherlock humming to himself and twirling his phone in his hand.

“So are you going to tell me?” John questioned.

Sherlock looked over confused. “Tell you what?”

“Why you’re so goddamn happy all of a sudden!” John laughed.

Sherlock threw his phone over to John who caught it clumsily. He saw the conversation between Mycroft and Sherlock.

“So you’re happy because you talked to your brother?” John asked amused.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. “No! Read the conversation.”

John’s eyes scanned the conversation and he laughed.

“You got a case!” John threw the phone back at Sherlock who caught it with ease. Obviously.

“Yup! Tonight.”

“Have fun! If you have questions send me a pic.” John smirked.

“Absolutely!” Sherlock slipped his phone into his trouser pocket and practically bounced out of the room. John rolled his eyes and followed him.

“Wait up." Sherlock slowed to a stop and waited for John to catch up. The two of them walked the rest of the way to breakfast at a normal pace. When they got to the cafeteria Mycroft waved them over.

“Sherlock, John this is Greg.” Sherlock shook hands with Greg while John just nodded and carried on eating breakfast. Mycroft carried on.

“Greg, Sherlock will be joining you on the scene tonight.”

Greg turned to Mycroft sceptically. “Your little brother? Are you sure?”

Mycroft sent Sherlock a knowing look and Sherlock smirked. He glanced at Greg and started his deductions.

“Greg Lestrade, Captain of the football team. Ladies man but that I all got from John so lets go deeper. Currently single but have an on and off relationship with the head girl. Go home often in the holidays, not to see your parents but more often than not to see your cat that you had to leave behind. You come from a religious family who think you are still going to church however you disagree with their views and so you chose to come here of your own accord to avoid clashes. Dearie me you must have been desperate. Need I go on?”

Lestrade looked impressed. He turned to Mycroft.

“He will do nicely.”

Sherlock visibly puffed up with pride like a curly haired peacock.

John smiled at the Holmes brother’s connection all of a sudden. He watched the smile spread across Sherlock’s face and he saw a glint in his roommate’s eyes. He suddenly realised it might seem like he was staring so he quickly tore his eyes away only to be met with a knowing glance from Greg which made him blush and stare back down at the table.

To take his mind off... whatever had just happened, John pulled out his phone and sent Molly a quick text.

To: Molly x

Hey Mol

I was in a bad mood yesterday so I’m sorry if I snapped x

We could go out again tonight?

The reply was almost immediate.

From: Molly x

It’s ok, I get it xx

I’d love to!

See you at 6 at reception? Dinner at Angelo’s?

John let out a sigh of relief.

To: Molly x

Sure! :)

Sherlock looked over to see John texting and turned to strike up a conversation with him.

“How was last night?”

John looked at Sherlock innocently, “Hm?”

“Oh come on John, I know it didn’t go well. Is everything still... intact?”

John dropped the façade and sighed.

“It was OK I guess.” I just wish she could have stopped talking about you. John added in his head.

“I was tired and in a bad mood so we’re going out again tonight to make it up.”

“Oh good. I wouldn’t have wanted you to be bored tonight. Stay away from the crime scene. Wouldn’t want you bumping into me on your date.”

Don’t worry, thought John, I will be staying far away.

Although John did feel slightly guilty about not telling Sherlock about the exact reason it went wrong but he didn’t want to make Sherlock feel guilty and ruin his good mood.

Sherlock dragged his feet along the corridors wishing the day to go faster. He watched the clock in every lesson, counting down the minutes. Never had a day ever felt so long. The final bell rang and Sherlock dashed out of the room.

He sprinted up the stairs to his dorm and got changed out of his uniform and perched on the edge of his bed. 2 hours. Just 2 hours left. Sherlock couldn’t sit still. He flopped back onto his bed and picked up his violin. He picked at the strings in a half-hearted attempt to calm himself down when John walked into the room.

Sherlock stared at the ceiling. He heard John frantically getting changed and run into the bathroom. Sherlock smirked as he heard the doors of the cupboard under the sink open and close.

Hair products Sherlock smirked.

John walked back in the room.

“Do I look ok?”

Sherlock flicked his gaze over to where John was standing.

“Yup.”

“Oh come on Sherlock! You hardly looked!”

Sherlock sighed and sat up on his bed. “Yep. You still look fine.”           

John smiled and ran out of the dorm.

You always look fine John. Sherlock added in his head as he watched John with a sad smile.

Woah. Sherlock’s face contorted in confusion. That was one more thought than necessary.