Chapter 7

Here we go again! The comments I got on my last chapter were SOOOO NICE! You guys are so nice to me thank you sooooooo much! 

By the way: The character of Molly is written for the sake of this fic as love crazed and a bit dim. This does NOT reflect how I see her in the show cause I think she's an awesome character in the show! Just for the purpose of this fic I chose to write her like I did. 

Enjoy x

Sherlock rushed down to dinner and joined his brother and Greg at a table.

Sherlock composed himself and tried to carry out a normal conversation but inside he was bursting. Half way through dinner, Sherlock started to notice John’s absence. It was unusually quiet without John throwing out completely pointless and dull conversation starters or moaning about his stupid therapist or complimenting Sherlock’s deductions.

Sherlock particularly missed the last one. He felt stupid next to his brother who was far more advanced and clever than he was. Sherlock felt his stomach drop a little only to be lifted up by Greg announcing it was time to go.

Sherlock jumped up and followed Greg out of the gates.

The crime scene was only a ten-minute walk away. The journey was rather silent but Sherlock didn’t mind. He was going to be at a real crime scene!

“Now, just follow my lead.”

Sherlock nodded. He was not going to let his ego ruin this opportunity. Greg walked over to an older man who Sherlock assumed was his dad, leaving Sherlock standing awkwardly at the edge of the crime scene. Suddenly he saw Greg run over.

“Come on. You’re up.” Greg grinned as Sherlock’s face lit up. Sherlock ducked under the police tape and walked towards the body on the pavement.

Greg’s dad came over to shake Sherlock’s hand “Sherlock right? I’m Detective inspector Lestrade. Glad you share Greg’s interest in detective work and thank you for helping him seeing as he’s ill.”

Sherlock had to work really hard not to laugh. “It’s a pleasure. It’s always been an interest and I wouldn’t want Greg to overwork himself in the state he is clearly...in.” Sherlock bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself smiling as Greg shot him a death glare. DI Lestrade brought the boys closer to the scene and Sherlock had a look. His hands were shaking so he stuck them in his pockets and looked the body up and down. His brain started whirring and soon he was on a roll.

No stab wound. Poison? Sherlock bent down to the man’s face. Yes. Poison. Self applied. Packet is still in the pocket.

“Is the victim identified?”

“Yes. Jason Smith. Not from around here. We’re trying to get information on him but it seems to all lead to dead ends."

“Well that’s because it’s not Jason Smith.”

Lestrade lifted and eyebrow.

“Here line of glue behind the left ear. Clearly a wig. Clear signs of botox on the face. Clearly someone has gone to a lot of trouble to look like Jason. The impersonator is clearly a druggie. The signs are all there if you know what you’re looking for plus a full packet of weed in the inside pocket.

Full packet though which means he’s been stopping. But we can tell he is a long time addict so why is the weed a month old and why still carry it around with him. Presumably becoming Jason meant putting a stop to his bad habit. However he is not a mindless druggie because if it is true that he has been Jason for about a month he’s very good at looking after a suit.