Chapter 9

Sorry this wasn't earlier but I got distracted!!! Had so much fun at the weekend! Met many great people at the Dutchlockian meetup so I'm still on a high and then I felt guilty about not updating so... 

This chapter is dedicated to everyone I met at the meeting: May you all be doing hella fine, I miss you all!

I realised this fic is probably going to be shorter than my previous fics... deal with it. 

Enjoy xx

Sherlock and John sat at the back of the physics classroom.

“Sherlock.” Sherlock’s eyes shot open at the sound of John’s voice.

“What?”

“Are you getting any of this?”

“The universe is not important to me John.”

John sighed and tried to focus on the teacher who was talking about the formation of stars or something dull like that but after a minute, John found his mind wandering again.

He ripped out a sheet of paper from his notepad and scribbled a note to Sherlock.

I would have thought this was interesting for you?

He passed the note over the table to Sherlock who opened it and rolled his eyes.

Not everything is useful information, John. This is intensely boring.

John smirked.

Speaking of interesting, I know you’re not exactly the friendsy person but... have you ever had a crush on anyone? I mean I’m just interested.

Sherlock opened the note and he felt his cheeks heat up. What was he supposed to say? There was only one person he had ever had a crush on and he was sitting right next to him waiting for an answer. Of course Sherlock knew John was gay. Quite clear once you hang around him enough but that didn’t mean he would be interested in Sherlock. Not in a million years, and yet... Sherlock heard the bell ring. He saw John’s confused and slightly disappointed look and thought oh sod it.

He scribbled something on the piece of paper and threw his things in his bag.

John watched as Sherlock hurried to pack his things away. He opened the piece of paper on his desk and his breath caught in his throat. At the bottom, in Sherlock’s messy scrawl was one word.

You.

John looked up to see Sherlock disappear out of the door in a flurry of black curls. John grabbed his stuff and ran after him.

“Sherlock!”

Sherlock kept his head down and sped up. John gritted his teeth and sped down the corridor after his friend. Before John could catch up Sherlock disappeared into his next classroom and John stopped, out of breath.

“Dammit Sherlock.” John sighed and made his way to his next class, which was maths.

The whole day, Sherlock avoided John. He stayed in the corners of the lunchroom or always in a crowd of people. He didn’t want to hear anymore of John’s harsh words. As the bell rang to end the day Sherlock rushed to his room only to find John already leaning against the door.

“Ah... Hello.” Sherlock started awkwardly. He stared at the floor.

“Sherlock. Look at me.”

Sherlock raised his eyes to meet John’s blue ones.

“Sherlock what you said... or didn’t exactly say... but anyways.” John took a step towards Sherlock. Sherlock’s eyes widened as John took Sherlock’s hands in his.