Decision C1

"I could help get rid of the people standing against you," you answered, your words slow and evenly pronounced.

   You paused to gauge his reaction, then continued, "I'm sure you've made enemies... people standing in your way... I could play nice with them and report their plans back to you. You'd give the orders and I'd follow..."

  He took a step closer to you, eyes piercing through you like knives. If he thought he was intimidating to you, oh boy, was he ever right. But you forced yourself to act strong, knowing damned well your life depended on it.

  "How could I trust in your loyalty, in that case?" he eventually pursued.

  You shrugged, crossing your arms over your chest. "You could kill me if I stepped out of bounds. I'm sure it'd be a simple task for someone as strong as you."

  Flattering usually got you nowhere. But with this guy, if he was as arrogant as he'd made himself out to be so far, it certainly wouldn't hinder your progress.

  He narrowed his eyes, then hmp'd. "I'll entertain the idea," he generously decided. "For now. But don't expect me to offer you any kind of protection. You are to obey my each and every command, without hesitation and without question. Do I make myself clear?"

  You nodded, holding back the urge to swallow thickly. "Crystal."

  He gave you a once-over, and then, just as quickly as he'd appeared, he vanished to wherever the hell he usually went when he teleported away.

  Had you only imagined the mischievous spark in his eyes before he left?

*Continue to Path B