Chapter 1

The thick musk of rot, humidity and decay forced you back to consciousness. Your eyelids felt horrendously heavy, but you managed to pry them open anyways.

The scenery lying in front of you was foreign. Giant buildings on the brink of collapsing (some already having collapsed) overwhelmed the streets, along with abandoned cars, worn-down houses, and a bunch of other unidentifiable debris.

You grunted, pushing yourself off the ground. Small pieces of gravel fell off your cheek as you wondered what the hell had happened. Why did this place look so terrible? And how the hell did you even get there?

A feeling of uneasiness swept over you as more and more questions crowded your mind. Why did this city somehow look familiar? What were you doing before you got here? Where was your family? Was this just some sort of cruel joke?

You shook your head. More confusion wasn't going to help anything. You needed to find a way to help yourself.

You decided to...

A) Stay put. Maybe someone would find you and offer help. Besides, it's always better to stay in place than get lost out in a foreign world.

B) Start walking. Who knew how long it'd be until somebody stumbled upon you? And even if they eventually did, what if they weren't friendly? You needed to take matters into your own hands.